1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Where we are now: The site is back up and running! The character set encoding issue has been fixed so old posts should now look ok. I am currently working on themes/skins etc and I will be deleting the temporary green skin very soon as it has many issues. I will do a very quick variation on the stock blue skin first just to get a light-grey background and san-serif font, and I will set this as default. Later this week I will hopefully add a professional third-party skin in pfm colours (life is way too short to do this crap myself, and I've found one I really like than needs next to no tweaking). We are getting there slowly...
    Dismiss Notice
  3. May I please request people check and update their email address if it is out if date. I ask as I’m getting countless bounce errors as the server fails to send notifications through etc. I’ll eventually figure out how to send these to a black hole somewhere, but it makes sense to address it at source as quite a few folk are obviously not getting the thread and conversations notifications they have set in their preferences.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2017 Part III

Discussion in 'photo' started by chipbutty, Jul 10, 2017.

1. chipbutty

chipbutty Mirrorless Manoeuvres

Love that last one Tony.

A few one handed grab shots with the Ricoh GR ll in York the other day. You know what it's like with kids in tow. I'd unwittingly got my snap focus settings wrong on many of them. You live and learn :D Great little camera for days like this.

Click on the pics for higher res.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Lefty

Lefty pfm Member

One from the archives - taken in late Spring :)

[​IMG]

Spring Birch by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Nikon D800E / Nikkor 50mm f1.2 Ai-S

Lefty

3. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

4. martin clark

martin clark pinko bodger

[​IMG]
    500yrs of disuse.

5. John Barry

John Barry pfm Member

Navajo Tribal Lands

[​IMG]

6. Pete MB&D

Pete MB&D Pete Maddex, the one and only!

7. TimF

TimF pfm Member

Chip, love the last pic of the canal!

8. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

9. JemHayward

JemHayward pfm Member

10. Pete MB&D

Pete MB&D Pete Maddex, the one and only!

11. chipbutty

chipbutty Mirrorless Manoeuvres

Ricoh GR ll

click for higher res.

[​IMG]

12. Mr Perceptive

Mr Perceptive Perceptive Member

13. Mr Perceptive

Mr Perceptive Perceptive Member

14. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

Bench work at Santa Pod

[​IMG]

15. martin clark

martin clark pinko bodger

Love that. Nicely done.

16. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

Thanks Martin.

17. mentalp

mentalp pfm Member

Found this in a boxfile of transparencies. Simone - from 1988

[​IMG]Simone '88 by Pete, on Flickr

18. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart pfm Member

Moody Mustang

[​IMG]

19. Still

Still gyldengourd

Nice. Very familiar too. Was this used in an advertising campaign, record cover art, etc?

20. mentalp

mentalp pfm Member

Not been used anywhere - just been sitting in my files. Simone used to wear this out and about in Edinburgh at the time.
    She also went on to do quite a bit of TV : a leading role in "Bad Girls"; "Monarch of the Glen" and "Wire in the Blood" among others.

Shot in the studio at college, lit with a Strobe Fish-Fryer which was a hefty thing
    https://goo.gl/images/2QiRbh