advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2017 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Pete. It must remind me of something else.
That is an impressive light :)

The John Rylands Library, Manchester had a photo hour today, where a small group were let in before the opening to the public, and allowed access to the balcony area, not normally open to the public. Managed to blow the highlights on the large window several times, will have top go back and do it properly!!

170916 John Rylands Library 3 2000px by David Yeoman, on Flickr

170916 John Rylands Library 2 2000px by David Yeoman, on Flickr

170916 John Rylands Library 1 2000px by David Yeoman, on Flickr

Amar - it is indeed Provia, wasn't sure for a second as I used some Agfa RS100 in the same session, but just checked the trannie.

Amar - it is indeed Provia, wasn't sure for a second as I used some Agfa RS100 in the same session, but just checked the trannie.

Excellent - I love Provia. Probably my favourite current production slide film (although Velvia 50 probably pips it for landscapes).

Did you scan that yourself, or did you have it done for you?

Pete - these are fabulous! :)

Looking at these earlier on Flickr and was mulling over what film you'd used, took a wild guess at a Fuji emulsion. Same as Amar, I love Provia (and Portra 160 for print film).

Scanned myself with an Epson V700, that was Fuji RDP current version is RDPIII so must have changed a bit over the years. I've not shot any E6 for a while

The tiny Sigma 60-2.8's been causing a bit of a stir on the Mu43 forums these last few months so for the money (a £ short of 150 quid) I thought it'd be worth a punt. The very first shot after picking the lens up today:

Steep Hill Antiques by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Olympus Pen F/Sigma 60-2.8 DN 'A'/Mono profile 2

I like that Pete :)

Richard - that Sigma looks a bargain! What's the catch?

Here's one from my first 'proper' outing for a while. Needless to say I'm glad I set the alarm - conditions were absolutely beautiful! More images to follow in the coming days...

This was also the first time I've really used the D800E in anger. It served to confirm just how good that camera is - the files it produces are superb. Any thoughts of upgrading to something like a D850 were well and truly put to bed. (famous last words!)

The Gatekeeper by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Nikon D800E / Tamron 70-200mm f2.8

Lefty

Nice Amar.

Pete

Absolutely <thumbs up>

Amar - there have been a few long-running threads on Mu43 Forum (amongst others) about the Sigma 60 where it's making waves - good ones. On the surface of it, it's a fairly dull specification, but the results people have been getting have marked it out as a bit of a star.

Absolutely <thumbs up>

Amar - there have been a few long-running threads on Mu43 Forum (amongst others) about the Sigma 60 where it's making waves - good ones. On the surface of it, it's a fairly dull specification, but the results people have been getting have marked it out as a bit of a star.

Thanks Richard - much appreciated :)

Since getting my hands on the ART lenses for the first time, I have a lot of time for newer Sigma glass. I look forward to seeing how you get on with it.

I toyed with getting an Art lens but was influenced by the patchy reviews on the web they seemed to be not consistent performers and ended up with the Nikon 24mm f1.8.

Pete

Thanks Richard - much appreciated :)

Since getting my hands on the ART lenses for the first time, I have a lot of time for newer Sigma glass. I look forward to seeing how you get on with it.

Sigma have always made excellent lenses when they put their mind to it (their EX range) but they suffered from occasional incompatibilities with some cameras due to their reverse engineered communications protocol stuff, lack of USM type drive, and tank like build quality that made them heavy and large (only a limitation if you are out and about with them).

The modern range seem to have sorted the comms and drive issues, but they are still large lenses. What seems to have happened is that the native lenses have also got much larger, so the gap has closed, and they don't look so massive any more ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back