advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2017 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
image2.jpg

IMG_7453.jpg

The xx 29/8 Glasgow

Yes, it reminds me of the low saturation fuji colour films, like fuji 400N. It's not that they look like this, but it's that it's already heading in that direction, so the extra tweak to get there is easy if you see what I mean!

Spon on! I actually used the Fujifilm Provia film emulation as a starting point :)

Excellent Mr P! The 18-55 is superb, but the 16-55 is in another league. Prime levels of performance in a zoom. (But it is heavy - for a Fuji lens). I see that you are now on Twitter and that image was taken today. You should enter it into #WexMondays (image has to be posted on the monday using the hashtag and taken in the preceeding week) and #fsprintmonday (image has to be posted on monday using the hashtag and taken on the preceeding weekend: Fri-Sun inclusive) :)

Here's another from my wander yesterday:

September by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Nikon D800E / Nikkor 85mm f1.8G

Lefty

Lefty thanks

I'm sticking with the 18-55, as you know I already have several primes. Several things put me off the 16-55, it's big and heavy and has a 77mm filter thread and I've set myself a max if 72mm to keep my system compact.

I'm finding that lightweight is conducive to more use, hence my love of just using an X100F!!!

The flaw that immediately catches my eye is barrel distortion (I think its called that), a concave horizon, easily repairable in LR or PS.

Nice though.

I see what you mean, but it's not clear to me if this is the actual horizon, or if it's just not horizontal (are those hill to the right hand side?). If it's near the centre of the original shot, barrel distortion is non-existent - it's only at the top/bottom of the frame that it shows. I've not found any obvious problem with this lens, and in fact, i think it's performance is excellent on my older fuji cameras.

Great shot BTW, how wet did you get taking this?

Ok I've checked this, the horizon is level, there is land to the right and the breakwater arcs out to the left, and it's the waves on the breakwater that are making the viewed concave effectsthere is acrtuly a beacon on the end of the breakwater but that is out of shot

It's a valid pint though and might make the image not appear quite correct. It was taken at 44mm on a crop sensor lens so should have little optical distortion

(Please though I'm happy for anyone to pass critique on my pictures, its the best way of improving)

Ok I've checked this, the horizon is level, there is land to the right and the breakwater arcs out to the left, and it's the waves on the breakwater that are making the viewed concave effectsthere is acrtuly a beacon on the end of the breakwater but that is out of shot

It's a valid pint though and might make the image not appear quite correct. It was taken at 44mm on a crop sensor lens so should have little optical distortion

(Please though I'm happy for anyone to pass critique on my pictures, its the best way of improving)

Fair enough, Mr P. It is a lovely photograph.

Thanks. Even with the rain it was a good meeting. The team I was with managed a good run of 250mph, 5.68 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back