advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2017 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Santa Monica:

36233688474_da668aa1aa_b.jpg

Love the MAXXI images Mr P. I'd be in my element in a place like that! So many interesting abstract compositions - they'd have to throw me out come closing time :D

Here's another from the archives:

Los Abrigos by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Fuji X100T

Lefty

I like the miniatures Mr P! :)

Rob - that's another lovely macro, I really like your artistic macro style.

Here's one from a brief outing with the camera earlier today. An idea I've had in my head for a while. Finally had the light (and opportunity) to take the shot today:

Belle by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Nikon D800E / Nikkor 85mm f1.8G

Lefty

I like the washed out low contrast look - if you had cheap uncoated lenses and old film you'd get that look for free ;-)

Cheers Amar. Love the tree.

I would have no idea how to insert a roll of film :) A had a Minolta 50mm f1.4 I used to use on my MFT gear. Kind of regret selling it now as it reproduced a similar look.

I like the washed out low contrast look - if you had cheap uncoated lenses and old film you'd get that look for free ;-)

Cheers Amar. Love the tree.

I would have no idea how to insert a roll of film :) A had a Minolta 50mm f1.4 I used to use on my MFT gear. Kind of regret selling it now as it reproduced a similar look.

Thank you chaps :)

I processed it intentionally to have a film like feel. This is something do with a lot of my images now and is inspired by my recent foray back into the world of film. The 'strength' and aesthetic of the processing varies from shot to shot, to suit the image being worked on. I use VSCO film packs as a starting point and then build from there.

On the film front, I'm seriously thinking of getting an old Polaroid camera and using it with Impossible Project film. I could then scan the prints with my Epson V600.

Lefty

Thank you chaps :)

I processed it intentionally to have a film like feel. This is something do with a lot of my images now and is inspired by my recent foray back into the world of film. The 'strength' and aesthetic of the processing varies from shot to shot, to suit the image being worked on. I use VSCO film packs as a starting point and then build from there.

On the film front, I'm seriously thinking of getting an old Polaroid camera and using it with Impossible Project film. I could then scan the prints with my Epson V600.

Lefty

Yes, it reminds me of the low saturation fuji colour films, like fuji 400N. It's not that they look like this, but it's that it's already heading in that direction, so the extra tweak to get there is easy if you see what I mean!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back