advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part XXIII)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DD has said he want's 'Canada+++' which I think means a general FTA with the added pluses meaning an FTA/full access on services (financial sector), no free movement of labour and military and intelligence cooperation. Since we are already fully compliant it shouldn't take more than a few months to negotiate and a couple of years to transition.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/51180...-is-the-the-formula-for-success-after-brexit/

That's not a Canada deal and it's not a Norway deal- it sounds like a Moon on a Stick deal, or given your source, a wapping lie.

That's not a Canada deal and it's not a Norway deal- it sounds like a Moon on a Stick deal, or given your source, a wapping lie.
Exactly. I'm interested to hear what Brexitiers think DD will bring to the table, to get this plus-sized deal. As far as I can see, what he's leading his fan base to expect is pretty much what we have now, but with more immigration controls, and the right to negotiate our own trade deals with non-EU countries. Quite what he thinks he has that will persuade the EU to grant to the UK something its own members don't have, is a card he's keeping very close to his chest. So close, in fact, I doubt anybody has seen it but him.

Timola,

A word to the wise. It’s never a good look to reference a Sun article anywhere, nevermind in PFM. It kinda makes a point about your post that youre probably not trying to make. Unless of course you are just taking the piss, in which case you’re golden.

I find the Sun articles/stories more concise and to the point. The Telegraph and broadsheets just too verbose and time consuming.

This is the model the UK should aim at and its a good analogy which is much easier to understand for people like me.

Exactly. I'm interested to hear what Brexitiers think DD will bring to the table, to get this plus-sized deal. As far as I can see, what he's leading his fan base to expect is pretty much what we have now, but with more immigration controls, and the right to negotiate our own trade deals with non-EU countries. Quite what he thinks he has that will persuade the EU to grant to the UK something its own members don't have, is a card he's keeping very close to his chest. So close, in fact, I doubt anybody has seen it but him.

Well, I think that the bigger EU countries will provide this card near the end.

BTW...Daniel Hannan has his faults but I thought he put the broad arguments in a good balanced way in this Sun article.

Does anybody here agree with me that it seems the EU are pushing the UK into a no deal? I reckon they are beginning to realise how damaging it would be for them.

Also does the Labour Party realise they need to come clean on Brexit. I noticed at PMs questions JC just skipped any question on Brexit.

I find the Sun articles/stories more concise and to the point. The Telegraph and broadsheets just too verbose and time consuming.

one can see at a glance why you are such an admirer of that accomplished liar davies. he also finds much in his life simply too time consuming. and tiresome. it must be such a bind when planning the future economy of your country gets in the way of the afternoon nap.

Sometimes, you just have to take the time. There are short cuts, but they normally only go where other people want to lead you. If you can't be bothered thinking for yourself, then please do yourself a favour and choose anybody but the Sun or DM to do your thinking for you.

Why settle for Canada+++? I’m sure DD only needs to focus his awesome mind control beams a little more tightly and Canada+++++++ will be a doddle.

dodgy davies, like all the rest of these spivvs, will have a plan b, plan c, plan d etc always to hand. at worst, it's a peerage. look at cameron, the idiot that led the charge for this trashing of the economy. now jetting round the planet as special envoy for commerce and trade to china if you please

https://www.ft.com/content/07a05ac2-e238-11e7-97e2-916d4fbac0da

...jobs for the boys? come, come, surely not!!!

timola, are you aware that the government is bigger than the Cabinet? And, speaking of the Cabinet, are you familiar with the concept of 'cabinet collective responsibility'?

dodgy davies, like all the rest of these spivvs, will have a plan b, plan c, plan d etc always to hand. at worst, it's a peerage. look at cameron, the idiot that led the charge for this trashing of the economy. now jetting round the planet as special envoy for commerce and trade to china if you please

https://www.ft.com/content/07a05ac2-e238-11e7-97e2-916d4fbac0da

...jobs for the boys? come, come, surely not!!!

It was a pity Cameron just resigned, he would have been better in this situation. Especially in bringing the country together.

Does anybody here agree with me that it seems the EU are pushing the UK into a no deal? I reckon they are beginning to realise how damaging it would be for them.

Also does the Labour Party realise they need to come clean on Brexit. I noticed at PMs questions JC just skipped any question on Brexit.

I’ll keep it simple for you as that seems best.

The EU have said from day, and repeat it ad nauseum, that any deal the UK gets outside the EU will, and must be, inferior to the deal we had inside the EU. Dodgy Davis and your far right nutter mates keep going on about a mythical wonder deal that will never exist. All damage to the UK is self-inflicted. It’s really is that simple.

timola, are you aware that the government is bigger than the Cabinet? And, speaking of the Cabinet, are you familiar with the concept of 'cabinet collective responsibility'?

I think there are over 100 ministers etc. I'm not familiar with this collective idea though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back