advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part XXIII)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good question.

I think morals are easier to come by, especially on the Labour side of the house. Like him or loathe him, Corbyn clearly has moral fibre, but I wouldn't describe him as an intellectual, although he has a sharper campaigning brain than many of his critics gave him credit for. Many other Labout MPs are clearly compassionate, decent human beings, without necessarily being intellectuals (which isn't to say they're stupid, of course). On the Labour front bench, Barry Gardiner comes across as having a very sharp mind, and he takes no bullsh*t from interviewers.

Among the Tories, the likes of Sarah Wollaston, Heid Allen and a few others have all shown signs of humanity. I thin Rory Stewart is highly intelligent (he lectured at harvard for a while) and has led a diverse and interesting life.

That's all fine and I can see what you're saying. I personally think the majority of MPs actually care about their constituents and the country.

But I would put Cameron above everyone on your list. He was clearly a better politician IMO. He was intellectual and very moral. He spoke of his family and his disabled son in an inspirational manner.

JC is becoming very disingenuous about Brexit and soon to be found out...his morals are being tested against his need to get the Labour Party into power...but its gonna cost him his soul IMO.

I find the Sun articles/stories more concise and to the point. The Telegraph and broadsheets just too verbose and time consuming.

Sorry if reality is more confusing to you than the reductionist black/white soundbites perpetrated by the 'newspaper' you mention. Unfortunately failing to understand properly the reality of the subject that is relevant to what you have voted for will have consequences. Bad consequences. As you will no doubt find out soon.

Thanks for the reminders! The last thing I want to do is to defend Theresa may. I just find the hollowness of Cameron especially repellent.

there's a veritable feast, a cornucopia of disreputable, duplicitous and downright dishonest characteristics prevalent in the current cabinet. it's hard to pick out a favourite.

13103404_10156849117435475_7978519319492200753_n-300x200.jpg

Sorry if reality is more confusing to you than the reductionist black/white soundbites perpetrated by the 'newspaper' you mention. Unfortunately failing to understand properly the reality of the subject that is relevant to what you have voted for will have consequences. Bad consequences. As you will no doubt find out soon.

I could say that to you by replacing 'reductionist' with 'verboseness'.

I can read any newspaper, I have no fondness for the Sun, I do like its conciseness as I've said. Its easy to read quickly. The observer/guardian/independent are a chore and mostly I find myself wallowing around trying to find the story or the top two or three points.

That's just me, everyone to their own.

If its HiFi I'm interested in I'll read even the longest most boring review/opinion and try and get what I was looking for or maybe an unexpected but interesting idea.

I could say that to you by replacing 'reductionist' with 'verboseness'.

I can read any newspaper, I have no fondness for the Sun, I do like its conciseness as I've said. Its easy to read quickly. The observer/guardian/independent are a chore and mostly I find myself wallowing around trying to find the story or the top two or three points.

That's just me, everyone to their own.

If its HiFi I'm interested in I'll read even the longest most boring review/opinion and try and get what I was looking for or maybe an unexpected but interesting idea.
It's 'verbosity' by the way.

I find it incredulous, that you find it incredulous that anybody could think that Cameron had talent and was a good honest PM.
Tombola mate, I smell bot.
I not only smell bot, but this being the panto season, I find I am strangely attuned to bot personality algorithm sources, in this case Jack, just pre beans transaction.

Tombola mate, I smell bot.
I not only smell bot, but this being the panto season, I find I am strangely attuned to bot personality algorithm sources, in this case Jack, just pre beans transaction.
Thank you for being so clear, concise and entertaining...:D

...the Sun, I do like its conciseness as I've said. Its easy to read quickly. The observer/guardian/independent are a chore...

Aged, hung steak? No! Corned beef. Much more 'concise'.

All that data, evidence, argument and "reasoning" - just be told what to think. Much easier.

I do like its conciseness as I've said. Its easy to read quickly.

And nice and easy to absorb without having to think about it. Like a political slogan. Strong and Stable, for example. Although nowadays that has been replaced by Smooth and Orderly Exit for some reason. Or perhaps like a cartoon bubble. Or something written on the side of a bus.

That's because the former is more significant than the latter. Other market sectors will look quite different, but is there such a thing as French software :)?

- Motor vehicle trade between the UK and its main EU partners in 2015

- Leading five importing countries of wine into the United Kingdom in 2016

All good clichés have some truth to them (that's usually how they become clichés in the first place).

Plenty of good IT companies in France and good wine producers in Germany.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back