advertisement

Multi-function 2017/2018 football thread Pt II

Wot is your problem mate, don't you like to be British?
Stand up for your country and support a British team!
Chelsea Headhunters; an equal opportunities organisation.

Not sure what you are getting at. I do support England as half my team are in the squad.

Bloss

I was adopting the mindset of many Chelsea fans, know wot I mean.
I can certainly recommend that you do adopt my mindset. It might turn you into a more rational, considerate, rounded, reasonable and intelligent human being with exquisite taste in all things and stunning good looks.

I can certainly recommend that you do adopt my mindset. It might turn you into a more rational, considerate, rounded, reasonable and intelligent human being with exquisite taste in all things and stunning good looks.

I’m sure you’re rounded.....

I hear Dele Alli was up to his usual tricks yesterday. Such a shame as he's a pretty good player when he's not hurling himself to the floor in a blatant cheaty fashion. I know there are plenty of players inclined to go down far too easily, but Dele needs to rid himself of this aspect of his game as he's one of the very worst.

I hear Dele Alli was up to his usual tricks yesterday. Such a shame as he's a pretty good player when he's not hurling himself to the floor in a blatant cheaty fashion. I know there are plenty of players inclined to go down far too easily, but Dele needs to rid himself of this aspect of his game as he's one of the very worst.

I agree, think the manager needs to have a word, or unless he has been told to do this. To be fair the first incident in the box was a penalty, and until he cleans up his act decisions will, rightly, go against him.

Bloss

I agree, think the manager needs to have a word, or unless he has been told to do this. To be fair the first incident in the box was a penalty, and until he cleans up his act decisions will, rightly, go against him.

Bloss

Yup. Sadly it seems that the only difference between what's considered a dive or a legitimate penalty appeal is any sort of contact on your way down, despite the intention being pretty clear in many cases when they're awarded. So the potential reward is very tempting for those who can just get that trailing leg to brush the opposition player. Of course if you're too far on your way down before you even reach the other player then you're not going to convince anyone, Dele :)

Does not matter which player or which team, we have all seen so many times a player is fouled in the penalty area and nothing is given because a player does not go to ground, this of course encourages efforts to display triple pike dives.

Personally I like watching Spurs because they play good football but with Dele Alli its not so much penalty area incidents but the fact that he is niggly in his general play which is so stupid because he his highly talented.

My favourite Spurs team was the push and run team with Eddie Bailey etc under Arthur Rowe who later became Palace manager, I did a scouting report for him many years ago and he was a terrific man.

Good win on Saturday, 31 points is a decent return for us. I reckon 6 more for safety but we've got some tough games in our run-in (Spurs, Man City, Man U and Liverpool so we won't get many points there).

We've finally got some attacking options, the new signing Locadia looks sharp, Izquierdo is playing really well and Murray has finally found out where the goal is.

I do hope Arsenal are as useless on Thursday night...

... and next Sunday when they visit the Amex :)

It will be interesting to see whether Wenger's priorities are on winning the Europa League game the following week. Whether he'll field a weakened team against City because they will probably lose anyway or against us as they should probably win.

My favourite Spurs team was the push and run team with Eddie Bailey etc under Arthur Rowe who later became Palace manager, I did a scouting report for him many years ago and he was a terrific man.

I expect you have seen some huge changes in football, which era do you prefer?

All before my time, I did go to the lane in the late 50's (8/9 years old) and Anderson was the manager.

Bloss

Does not matter which player or which team, we have all seen so many times a player is fouled in the penalty area and nothing is given because a player does not go to ground, this of course encourages efforts to display triple pike dives.

Personally I like watching Spurs because they play good football but with Dele Alli its not so much penalty area incidents but the fact that he is niggly in his general play which is so stupid because he his highly talented.

Absolutely. Why does a player have to go to ground for a penalty to be given? And what do comments like "he went down too easy" mean? It's either a foul or it isn't.

advertisement

Back