advertisement

Multi-function 2017/2018 football thread Pt II

Jack,

According to the independet article you link to, it was quite a small banner carried by a small group of people, and displayed on the front few rows of the Kop last May, weeks before a general election Labour lost.

Ian

Hello all, does anyone have any recommendation for any decent football news /blogs /columnist site?
I like arseblog, was reading the columnists on the guardian site. but apart from Louise Taylor/Barney Ronay/David Conn /Amy Lawerence/Sid Lowe ; the rest on the Guardian just irritate me. I would prefer those not behind paywalls.
I don't have any particular team focus just a preference for well written articles/analysis .
Many thanks in advance

Not quite up to Bob's standard, but got 130 in the predictor from the previous league results. Reckon Utd will put one over on Chelsea this weekend.

apologies to all Palace fans out there, but this made me laugh

Mark Steel‏ @mrmarksteel
Palace have 265 players injured, our subs today are a 6-year-old and a woman from the launderette opposite Selhurst Park. If we beat Spurs it will become a Hollywood film, with Harry Kane played by Denzil Washington.

https://twitter.com/mrmarksteel/status/967727573672321025

What self respecting football fan wouldn't want to watch that film?

Mark Steel earns his crust through comedy of course but with our list of injuries self deprecating remarks is how most of the supporters of smaller clubs exist.

Mark Steel earns his crust through comedy of course but with our list of injuries self deprecating remarks is how most of the supporters of smaller clubs exist.
I think it was the image of Harry Kane played by Denzil Washington that appealed to my sense of humour.

Arsenal had a good first 20 minutes. Some bad luck. But mostly they looked uninspired: like England in NZ and Scotland. Some new players required in all 3 teams.

Seems Gassor was spot on, but pfm has become a rather Chelsea-centric forum so it’s no surprise that there has been no comment on United’s victory. Or that Lukaku scored and set up the winner. Or that Matic should have been man of the match.

Oh well, United are back to second in the league and several points ahead of Chelsea. That’ll do me. I’m easily pleased. :)

More akin to a blog if you ask me. I will await the abuse.

Bloss
Wot is your problem mate, don't you like to be British? Alright, Conte ain't exactly Anglo-Saxon, but he's a geezer on the touchline. And then's there's Abramovich, OK he's not exactly kosher either but he revolutionized the game and pumped millions into the team to give them a fighting chance against all the foreigners that have taken over English football.

Stand up for your country and support a British team!

Chelsea Headhunters; an equal opportunities organisation.

advertisement

Back