advertisement

Multi-function 2017/2018 football thread Pt II

gassor.

thanks for that clip. you are doing a better job than most of the others here.

Fair point yuk. Not many would post their team loosing, mind you we never loose by 4 goals :)

Bloss

I'm magnanimous because it doesn't happen very often, last time the Jam Tarts beat us 4-0 was in 1895! Also delighted to see young talent emerging (except when it's them!)

We had a couple of Celtic lads a few years ago ( make that many years) Willie Wallace and 'Yogi' Hughes

Wallace was about 73 and Yogi exceptional on his day, fans loved him but suspect that Celtic sold him to us on day release from the funny farm............only joking of course but what a character

I'm magnanimous because it doesn't happen very often, last time the Jam Tarts beat us 4-0 was in 1895! Also delighted to see young talent emerging (except when it's them!)

It doesn't happen often? When you go up against any team that has as much money as you or more, you get a tanning!
70 games in domestic football unbeaten. With Rangers, Hibs, Hearts and Dundee United all either missing or in administration, that is some record eh?
About as impressive as Jan Kodes singles title at Wimbledon :p

A report on ITV News has said that Arsenal and the Emirates were found to be full of mouse shit in food areas.

That figures. Arsenal are full of crap, from top to bottom.

Jack

over here in toronto, arsenal fans (as compared to other PL) have the most attractive female companions and seem to be the most pleasant people. the 2 arsenal fans i know in the UK are both great people and have the proper views on how football should be played.

Arsenal fans are still haunted by their invincible run of some 12/13 years ago and lack of achievement in the CL.
I have several Arsenal muckers and this is only the time since the sixties I can now silence them, loving every minute of it and
long may it continue.

Bloss

over here in toronto, arsenal fans (as compared to other PL) have the most attractive female companions and seem to be the most pleasant people. the 2 arsenal fans i know in the UK are both great people and have the proper views on how football should be played.
OK, I concede, there might just be 2?

It doesn't happen often? When you go up against any team that has as much money as you or more, you get a tanning!
70 games in domestic football unbeaten. With Rangers, Hibs, Hearts and Dundee United all either missing or in administration, that is some record eh?
About as impressive as Jan Kodes singles title at Wimbledon :p

I hear your fans are queueing up in their hundreds to buy this year's celebratory DVD - 4 in a row. Santa has been asked to find a manager by the club owners and told them 'I deliver presents not miracles'. I was at my daughters wedding reception and told the assembled guests that I spoke to the band and they said they will now do requests. I said can you play something for Rangers FC and they said they will be back on shortly to play Road to Nowhere.

I hear your fans are queueing up in their hundreds to buy this year's celebratory DVD - 4 in a row. Santa has been asked to find a manager by the club owners and told them 'I deliver presents not miracles'. I was at my daughters wedding reception and told the assembled guests that I spoke to the band and they said they will now do requests. I said can you play something for Rangers FC and they said they will be back on shortly to play Road to Nowhere.

Pure Crackerjack mate! :D

Used to be sympathetic towards Utd, because Mourinho managed Chelsea in his prime. Bristol City pummelled the Mancs though and won with two fine goals.

This is great news for us, because we only need Utd to slip to overtake them in the PL.

I went to Stamford Bridge to watch the game against Bournemouth. We were all over them in the first half and William scored a very cool goal. The build-up was football poetry in motion. Batshuayi did a through pass to Kennedy, who back-heeled the ball to Fabregas on the left hand side of the box. He in turn slotted in a low pass to Willian for an easy finish.

Apart from a miffed shot, this was the only decent thing that Batshuayi did while he was on. He can be a bit of a waste of space, with an uncanny ability to be offside.

There was a big turnaround by Bournemouth in the second half, plus Chelsea appeared to have been scoffing dumb pills during the break,

Bournemouth were on the attack from the go and Chelsea kept fiddling around and losing the ball in their own half. This led to Danny Gosling of Bournemouth scoring a well deserved goal late in the game.

There were four minutes added on to the second half. I was getting ready for extra time when Chelsea finally woke up again.

Hazard and Alvaro Morata had come on as substitutes, but the Belgian hadn't been fed the ball very often. This time he was though by Morata. Hazard back-heeled a pass to him and the Spaniard bullied the ball into the net.

This happened 14 seconds after Bournemouth's goal and the crowd went mental. Morata put the ball under his shirt and sucked his thumb. This was to celebrate the fact that his wife is pregnant. The ref didn't like this and booked him, so the striker won't play against Everton on Saturday.

Lee Mason the ref was pretty appalling throughout the game. This led to the crowd chanting he is a ****er.

I think we're playing the Arses in the semifinal. Bring it on.

Jack

Last edited:

advertisement

Back