advertisement

Markus Sauer RIP.

One thing to add to my earlier post is to point out for those who maybe didn't know that Markus was also a very highly respected audio reviewer and columnist. His knowledge was in depth, technical and exceptionally broad in scope - pfm has unquestionably lost one of it's best brains. I learnt so much from him. I'll cite as an example a rather wonderful column piece for Stereophile he wrote back in Jan 2000 about the then emerging obj/subj debate (article here). It is interesting to contrast his intelligent, balanced and informed words with what came later here from others of both sides. I should really stick a link in the site FAQ to that one! It is well worth googling around for Markus's audio reviews and comments, he was never less than interesting and informed, and as someone who once ran a Verdier/Shindo/VOTT system had an audio rig beyond what many of us have ever experienced. I'll miss him terribly.

Yes. His review of the Naim Aro is certainly one of the best out there.

It's been weeks since I last visited the off topic room on PFM, so seeing this is very sad and unexpected - RIP Markus, and my condolences to his family and friends.

Samuel.

Thanks Samuel.

Markus' funeral was just before Christmas and his wife has written expressing her thanks for all of the kind sentiments posted in this thread.

I am still looking to organise a day of music in order to remember Markus properly and hope many friends old and new can attend.

What dreadful news. He's going to be missed dreadfully!
From his contributions to pfm I assumed Marcus was in his thirties, as he had such a fresh and energetic disposition.
RIP and my sincere condolences to his family.

Dammit, I only just saw this. What a real shame and a big shock. Very sad to hear this, my thoughts are with his friends and family :(

advertisement

Back