advertisement

Markus Sauer RIP.

merlin

Avatar changed - Town names deemed offensive.
It is with great sadness that I have received the news that our dear friend Markus passed away suddenly this afternoon.

Speaking on a personal level, I learned so much from Markus during the years that I was lucky enough to call him a friend and he will be sadly missed.

I am sure there will be others far more eloquent than I along to offer far more fitting eulogies but his dear wife asked that I pass the sad news onto his many friends here and throughout the UK.

Good Listening old friend.

Markus%20Shindo%20Tokyo%202007_zpsbutwkfba.jpg

Markus you will be deeply missed by all those on the forum who counted you as a friend. I'm saddened that you never got time to unpack and hear the phonostage I built you earlier this year.

Gute Reise.

We'll have a beer for in your honour at Munich next year.

A big blow for everyone on here, a man who was truly respected. Thoughts are with his family.

Truly awful news. I knew Markus was seriously unwell, but I really wasn't expecting this news at this stage. A friend of many years and an essential part of this site, he will be hugely missed by us all. RIP.

Chaps

This is a bombshell as it has come right out of the blue.

I don't think that there is anything any of us can say other than commiserations to his family.

The forum will certainly miss him.

Regards

Mick

I knew Markus wasn't well and we conversed just this week -- yesterday, in fact -- about treatment plans and how he was coping, but I had no idea he was so gravely ill.

Markus, you'll be missed. You were one of the good guys.

RIP, dear friend. My sincere condolences to your family.

Joe

I'm really shocked and profoundly saddened by this news - rest in peace my friend - you were indeed one of the good guys.

Sad news and my condolences to his family and friends.

I always found Markus to be very fair and helpful in my limited interaction with him in the HiFi forum, and used to enjoy the craic when he would go on the HDD forum for a bit of banter with Ashley. I'm sure he was a gentleman.

RIP.

I'm so saddened to hear that Markus has died. What a calm, reasoned influence on so many disputatious threads! I remember the thoughtful response he made to a throw away comment I made years ago in a post about the (then) parlous state of my own health- he saw past the joke I cracked.
My condolences to Markus's family and friends.

Very shocked to hear this. Apart from being seriously knowledgeable about all this Hifi stuff Markus brought measure around here. Maybe his background helped him to put things in perspective. He will be very greatly missed. Condolences to his family and friends.

That is very sad news indeed.

Markus was a friend of mine, he had stayed at my house a few times when in the UK and was a very interesting person to be with. I was hoping to make it out to Germany to see him and his family living in their passive house standard flat (one of many in a block of flats where all were built to the same passive standard, but to different designs). Of which Markus played an important role in developing and was working to help others develop similar communities.

Did a great job as a moderator and has been an important part of PFM for a long long time.

Though I didn't know him outside of pfm, I certainly wish I'd had that privilege. An outstanding fellow whose presence I will greatly miss. My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

advertisement

Back