advertisement

Markus Sauer RIP.

So sad. Only knew Markus via his on line presence here but he was clearly a lovely guy. RIP.

Hi,

I have just heard the sad news. My sincere condolences to his family.

I met Markus at a bake off at at Michael's place in 2006. A fine chap. He will be sadly missed.

Dean

One thing to add to my earlier post is to point out for those who maybe didn't know that Markus was also a very highly respected audio reviewer and columnist. His knowledge was in depth, technical and exceptionally broad in scope - pfm has unquestionably lost one of it's best brains. I learnt so much from him. I'll cite as an example a rather wonderful column piece for Stereophile he wrote back in Jan 2000 about the then emerging obj/subj debate (article here). It is interesting to contrast his intelligent, balanced and informed words with what came later here from others of both sides. I should really stick a link in the site FAQ to that one! It is well worth googling around for Markus's audio reviews and comments, he was never less than interesting and informed, and as someone who once ran a Verdier/Shindo/VOTT system had an audio rig beyond what many of us have ever experienced. I'll miss him terribly.

You would never have known this from his postings here. He sought advice as much as he offered it, but offered it in such an unassuming and helpful way. A true Gentleman. RIP

Markus was a gentleman and an absolute credit to this forum.

Rest in peace big man. You will be well remembered by many. Few can lay such claim.

My condolences too to Markus' family and friends. Sadly I never had the privilege of meeting him in person but he came across as a very genuine and helpful guy. His postings and gentle and fair moderation will be missed by all of us.

RIP

Rich

You would never have known this from his postings here. He sought advice as much as he offered it, but offered it in such an unassuming and helpful way. A true Gentleman. RIP

Well said, DNM. All I can do is echo your sentiments.

Very sad news. I met him once, he was a really good guy. Sincere condolences to his family.

He will be sorely missed.

I'm very sad to hear the news of Markus passing. His presence on pfm was a big part of the personality of this place. His posts were interesting and he always seemed to be a real gentleman. Clearly a very open minded, humble and wise chap. I will miss him.

My only experiences were virtual. As everyone is saying, Markus came across as level headed and fair; his posts were worth reading and he will be greatly missed.

Sincere condolences to family, his very many friends and everyone concerned.

R.I.P. Markus.

This is very sad news indeed, I have sat with the news for a couple of days and still cannot come to terms with the actuality of the fact he is gone. He showed me a lot of kindness a couple of years ago when I was in a bad way mentally and offered me to just get on a plane and visit.

Met him a few times and liked his company a lot.

My most recent dealing was to help him sell his hypex ncores he lent to me and was genuinely interested in what I thought of them (I liked them, but I like most hifi). I parcelled them up and sent them to their new owner and he sent me a small note to say they had arrived safely and a thank you. That was my last communication a week or so before he died.

I'll miss him, always levelheaded and thus a good moderator and such a dry humour. This is not a good end to the year.

What sad news to read about such a genuine, thoughtful and intelligent man.

Reading through all the posts show how he touched all our lives, both online and for those lucky enough to be close friends.

Along with Cliff, he will be remembered as a true gentleman.

Rest in peace Markus.

I never met Markus, but saw some of his posts and understand from what others have said he was a very balanced moderator.

I had no idea that Markus did audio reviews for publications like Stereophile. His knowledge and friendly approach is obviously going to be missed by a lot of people on pfm. RIP Markus.

Jack

advertisement

Back