advertisement

Markus Sauer RIP.

As many have noted, Markus contributed immeasurably to this forum, both in content and tone. His absence leaves a void impossible to fill but I would like to think his heart would be warmed to see our appreciation and the sincere condolences offered to his family and friends.

We will be posting a link to a JustGiving site soon, for anyone wanting to contribute to a charity in his memory.

I go numb just typing this. Earlier this week, Markus and I were swapping messages.

Tony, lordsummit, Jo Sharp and Joe

As many have noted, Markus contributed immeasurably to this forum, both in content and tone. His absence leaves a void impossible to fill but I would like to think his heart would be warmed to see our appreciation and the sincere condolences offered to his family and friends.

We will be posting a link to a JustGiving site soon, for anyone wanting to contribute to a charity in his memory.

I go numb just typing this. Earlier this week, Markus and I were swapping messages.

Tony, lordsummit, Jo Sharp and Joe
A very kind thought.

Joe et al.

I passed on everyone's sentiments to Heike this morning.

I'm thinking of throwing an open house (I've only a small flat but all are welcome) on the first Saturday of January in Marcus' memory. A chance to meet up face to face, exchange stories and listen to some good music on the JBL's.

I think the big man would have enjoyed such a get together. As I say, all are welcome.

M.

Merlin,

I wish I could make it. We're it not for that pesky pond betwixt us...

Joe

This is terrible news.

I made a brief comment of condolence on Joe P's Facebook wall a couple of days ago but hadn't actually realised that he was referring to our very own Markus, because I had no idea he was so gravely unwell.

As others have said, Markus was a credit to the forum and part of the family here. I had some dealings with him earlier this year when I serviced his amplifiers, and he was an absolute gent.

A reflective time. My thoughts and most sincere condolences to Markus Sauer's wife and family in this time of terrible loss. Such little progress in surveillance, early diagnosis and treatment of pancreatic cancer. A devastating disease. Much more focused multidisciplinary research effort and funding needed. Stewart

I never met Markus, but whenever I saw his name above a post on this forum, I knew I would read a thoughtful and interesting comment. That Stereophile piece linked to by Tony explains why, and now I've read it, I can't help thinking he nailed it, absolutely.

He was certainly high among the list of contributors here who I would have liked to meet, and whose company I suspect I would have enjoyed very much. Despite never having met him, I am saddened now that this will never happen. I say that from my experience of his posts here, and from the comments on this thread. My condolences to his family and friends.

Not a great week; on Monday I learned that an old and dear friend had passed away, and now this.

Never had the pleasure of meeting Markus in person, but I respected his knowledge, insight, and good humour.

RIP Markus; you will be sorely missed here.

A terrible shock. Markus always struck me as knowledgeable, thoughtful, and humorous. He welcomed me after my first post.

My condolences to to his family and friends. An awful blight on the season for them in particular.

Just raising a glass to Markus, his family, and the other PFM members who sadly didn't make it to the end of the year.

May we all meet back here this time next year.

advertisement

Back