advertisement

Homelessness

:D Try my wedding photo, then.
38609128335_6e7e4c8338_m.jpg

BTW, less than 3 months before this I was begging outside Hammersmith Broadway to get enough money for another night in a homeless hostel. Saved by a good woman. 47 years and counting.
Nice one.

my good lady is doing a sponsored sleep out for a local charity [ birmingham city mission] next week . take my hat off to her for sleeping in cardboard and a sleeping bag all night on a cold february night . i notice in their blurb they don`t take any responsibility for the death of any of the participants !!! very reassuring .

fairplay to those participating which is also a number of friends for highlighting the cause of homelessness

hi , you might not like this , BUT, i knew a guy who was homeless , selling big issue, he got a job as a welder big money, hard work, saw him six month's in said he liked it and the money ,shook his hand and said well done, saw him after a year ,how you going i said how's work and life ; packed the job in after after a year , back on the street , he likes the dole and the street life, and there is a lot that do, wasters
im a guy who has worked down the English Cole mine for over ten years and seen meany dead, wasters like this are just a burden and should be put out to grass

hi , you might not like this , BUT, i knew a guy who was homeless , selling big issue, he got a job as a welder big money, hard work, saw him six month's in said he liked it and the money ,shook his hand and said well done, saw him after a year ,how you going i said how's work and life ; packed the job in after after a year , back on the street , he likes the dole and the street life, and there is a lot that do, wasters
im a guy who has worked down the English Cole mine for over ten years and seen meany dead, wasters like this are just a burden and should be put out to grass

Do you have a final solution in mind?

I was surprised and a bit upset to see a blind man sleeping rough in Cheltenham. Girlfriend said he was recently mugged - sick bastards.

I was thinking about asking him why he was sleeping rough but he'd moved on by then.

Could be another DM reader,
I think that all of the miners that I knew could spell the name of their Trade and although Mining is and always has been a very dangerous occupation, I do not recall that great a number of fatalities ( one is one too many in any Trade) due to actual mining ( not associated illnesses ) in comparison to other trades such as the Construction Trades
oldie

Wasters = those who choose a different lifestyle.

I'm also intrigued by your decade in a Cole mine, whatever that is, and how many dead you saw.

Could be another DM reader,
I think that all of the miners that I knew could spell the name of their Trade and although Mining is and always has been a very dangerous occupation, I do not recall that great a number of fatalities ( one is one too many in any Trade) due to actual mining ( not associated illnesses ) in comparison to other trades such as the Construction Trades
oldie

Depends how far back you go but the Gresford Colliery and Levant mine disasters spring to mind.

Cheers,

DV

Apparently, a homeless man in the US was asked to leave a McDonald's - as was the guy who was paying for his meal - simply because the old guy looked rough as hell. McDonald's staff said the old guy was asking for money or something like that and they called the police to force the guys to leave but it looks like a simple case of economic discrimination: if you're poor then piss off!

There is probably a real story in there but in those video's it's often difficult to get past what a dick the guy filming it is.

There's more to it I'm sure Steve, but it looked like the old guy just wanted to eat in peace and the guy filming was expressing incredulity at the response from McDonald's staff and the police officer. Hopefully more footage will turn up

Apparently, a homeless man in the US was asked to leave a McDonald's - as was the guy who was paying for his meal - simply because the old guy looked rough as hell. McDonald's staff said the old guy was asking for money or something like that and they called the police to force the guys to leave but it looks like a simple case of economic discrimination: if you're poor then piss off!

Hot bacon! J Lopez dressed as a cop. Whats's not to like?

advertisement

Back