advertisement

Google Chromecast Audio.

I can however build you a house from the footings up including drainage, brickwork, carpentry, roof tiling, plastering and at a push plumbing which is infinitely more useful in the scheme of things.

I have to agree.

Can I state for the record that I do not feel any less of a human being for not getting a Raspberry Pi to work. I can however build you a house from the footings up including drainage, brickwork, carpentry, roof tiling, plastering and at a push plumbing which is infinitely more useful in the scheme of things.
Brilliant! I've just bought some land and need a house built. I'll set up your Chromecast in return.

The only thing to do after connecting is enable full dynamic range in the settings.

Brilliant! I've just bought some land and need a house built. I'll set up your Chromecast in return.

The only thing to do after connecting is enable full dynamic range in the settings.
How do you do this, if using conventional USB to RCA out? I've moved mine to the main system, the conservatory is getting cold these days at night, Bloody fantastic, but if it's currently hamstrung then I'm happy to unfurl it.

How do you do this, if using conventional USB to RCA out? I've moved mine to the main system, the conservatory is getting cold these days at night, Bloody fantastic, but if it's currently hamstrung then I'm happy to unfurl it.

I assume you mean 3.3mm to RCA out. Go to the Google home app on your phone. select your device (whatever name you gave your Chromecast when you set it up), press the three white dots int the top right of the grey rectangle, select "settings", scroll down to "sounds" and select " full dynamic range". Bob's your uncle.

Thanks, but guess what? It's not playing. It casts no problem, when I go to download the app to the PC I get a link to download some pointless crap "printable free collages" or some such, wants access to the whole PC of course, no thanks, and I can't ditch that page. If I try to get the app via Google Chromecast it says it's already in, if I try to connect "using this PC" it says that it can't find the device. It casts to it, so it exists.

This is why I bloody hate computers. It's like pulling teeth. You just go round in circles.

Yes. Chrome browser, it works better than IE most of the time.
1. Go to Google
2. "Setup chromecast laptop"
3. Hit "Set up chromecast"
4. Do the 15 steps, or in my case scroll through them, it now works.
5. "For best results download the Google Home app". I can't do this, I get some dross from "applife" as I said earlier, I can't find my way to settings at this point.

Drop me a check for 35K (labour only) and we have a deal.

@ stevec67

I'm using the TV version at the moment, I don't have the Audio here with me.

The procedure must be similar, I can't remember as I don't do it very often.

But when it is casting from the screen, I click right click on the cast icon in the

browser bar, then click on "manage Cast Devices2 from the dropdown and that

gives me a window with a small gear wheel in the top right hand corner, click

on that for the settings.

I must have spent 4 hours this week trying to set mine up.

It used to work when I first got it, now no way.

Factory reset,latest firmware,5G,2G. Re booted everything a dozen times....

And what exactly does this mean ?

Step 3: Make sure the Chromecast device is using the 2.4 GHz band
It is compatible with both 2.4 GHz WiFi 802.11 b/g/n WiFi networks and 5 GHz networks, so you will see both when setting up the device. If you have a dual band router, you must disable AP isolation. Other devices such as your laptop/computer can use the 5 GHz band; the 5 GHz band will maximize performance when casting a tab.

I would love to disable AP isolation if I could be bothered to find out what/where it is. My dual band router has no such setting.
I wish some of the muppets working in IT would realise that we are not all as tech savvy as them and present 'help' in an intelligible manner.

Nothing if you right click the 3 dots. Left click and you get the menu with "cast". Do this, it brings up the list of devices, and I cast to it. But I can't see how to get it to do other than cast at that point.

sorry about the left/right.

I have just popped out and got my Audio Cast and will connect it in a mo.

are you try to cast anything in particular?

Listening to Radio Paradise as I type, works a treat. I'm trying to set it to "full range audio" which apparently isn't automatic when you use the 3.3mm headphone to RCA out.

advertisement

Back