advertisement

Google Chromecast Audio.

Presumably on your smartphone or tablet...

Find the Google home app, run it, tap on devices in top right corner, then click on the three dots in the top right of the 'Chromecasr Audio' box

You'll then get a menu, one of the options being 'full dynamic rance', turn it on...

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/6290498?hl=en-GB

Well, I didn't know that. Not that you can do on android or OIS but that you can't on Windows

http://https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/googlehome/wfO0NyUwph4

@ stevec67
I click right click on the cast icon in the

browser bar, then click on "manage Cast Devices2 from the dropdown and that

gives me a window with a small gear wheel in the top right hand corner, click

on that for the settings.
Not here. I go to the top R, the 3 dots, the list has no "manage Cast Devices", it has "cast" and "settings" but they are just computer settings. If I click "cast" it says "Chromecast Steve 1" which is the correct device, "chrome audio mirroring" "radio Paradise" (tab) and then just offers "cast" or "stop".

So I can't do this from a lappy, I need to use a phone or tablet? FFS. What kind of thing doesn't work on Windows FFS?

So I can't do this from a lappy, I need to use a phone or tablet? FFS. What kind of thing doesn't work on Windows FFS?
A thing designed by Google, their arch enemy! ;)

...you can't automatically cast from windows either, you have to initiate it via a smartphone, for it to work properly with spotify

Well they might have said, before I wasted hours of my time! ****s, all of them.

When you use the lappy to download Google home, is there a notice? Is there f*ck. Now I know why developers stay indoors. If I found them outside there would be blood.

Well they might have said, before I wasted hours of my time! ****s, all of them.

When you use the lappy to download Google home, is there a notice? Is there f*ck. Now I know why developers stay indoors. If I found them outside there would be blood.

Do you have an android or apple smartphone/tablet of any kind?

I must have spent 4 hours this week trying to set mine up.

It used to work when I first got it, now no way.

Factory reset,latest firmware,5G,2G. Re booted everything a dozen times....

And what exactly does this mean ?

I would love to disable AP isolation if I could be bothered to find out what/where it is. My dual band router has no such setting.
I wish some of the muppets working in IT would realise that we are not all as tech savvy as them and present 'help' in an intelligible manner.

Well Misterdog

I have just reset my Audio Cast and it plays You Tube fine (out of sync with the picture on my laptop).

I think that using a tablet app one can alter the sync.

I do have a dual band router but I'm not using it here.

I know that both SSIDs are alike, the only difference in the text is that one has 5 GHz and the other has 2.4, so it is quite possible to select the incorrect one.

That's all I can think of, sorry.

ronnie

I bought a 1st gen Moto G and use it without any Cellular connection, just my home wi-fi.

It works quite well as a controller and after doing the set-up one can ignore the 'Home App' if one wants.

My smartphone needs replacing, I have a dumbphone for now, that I prefer.
I've an Amazon Fire, Chromecast doesn't get on with that th0ough I am told there's a way round.
I have an old Samsung android tablet, I'll dust it off and see if that will drive it.

Hallelujah! It works, good to have a use for the old Samsung. Sounds nicer too with full DR. I'd put it up against a CDP on the RP 192 stream. Amazing.

Seriously questioning my FM tuners now.

It seems if I want to stream from the Samsung then I need to load the app to that device, I can't just cast it the way you can on a PC. Of course it makes sense to do it 2 different ways, why would you not?

What does work on Windows?

(Ok I've been a Microsoft user since the 80s, but couldn't resist)

Glad you got it sorted.

I've just been listening to Radio Paradise cast from my tablet to my system via Chromecast Audio. The tablet, being old, froze, but RP carried on playing. I powered off the tablet, and RP carried on playing. How does that work? Does CC cache stuff?

As far as I'm aware, casting means a direct link is created between CCA and the IP address/service being cast. Think of it as an old-fashioned telephone switchboard: you join the dots as it were and the connection continues regardless of whether you fall asleep or whatever.

Hallelujah! It works, good to have a use for the old Samsung. Sounds nicer too with full DR. I'd put it up against a CDP on the RP 192 stream. Amazing.

Seriously questioning my FM tuners now.

It seems if I want to stream from the Samsung then I need to load the app to that device, I can't just cast it the way you can on a PC. Of course it makes sense to do it 2 different ways, why would you not?
Good work...!

I think if you cast from chrome then your device is always part of the stream, if you use the spotify app and cast to your device from the link at the bottom of the now playing screen, streaming is now directly from the chromecast...use the samsung ;)

Misterdog

Every time I get s problem with finding mine, I have to restart my wireless access point.

I have 2 WAPs in the house - 1 never loses contact with the 3 Chromecasts connected to it, the other on occasion struggles to reveal the 2 Chromecasts connected to it.

I need some new WAPs - it's on my list of things to do

I have a garden full of spare WAsPs but no spare WAPs that I know of, I'll look into it.

Thanks for the tip.

I also wish to stream Spotify to it so I might try connecting via my phone.

Or play vinyl, which - just works.

advertisement

Back