advertisement

DeAgostini Classic Jazz on 33 1/3 Collection

Call them on 0330 159 3822, from memory that's a call centre on the sub-continent, it cost 6p a minute but the call was dealt with quickly. They give you a Freepost address in Jarrow and a twelve character return code. Make sure you get proof of posting and put your account number on the package.

HTH

Seems I'm going to have to do that. I emailed the customer service address and the muppets sent me the contact No. for Henley, who are of course the distributor for the Project TT, which I'm not buying. I told them this and they said they had contacted the relevant people, who would be in touch. Which over a week later has not happened. Grrr.

I shall get my voice into 'indignant' mode right now...

Mull

OK. Call to 0845 1489 250 (No. on an iinvoice) ended with promise of a replacement to arrive 14 days from dispatch. No indication of when dispatch will be...

Progress, I suppose. :)
Mull

Has anyone had much experience with the Project Turntable? I am finding mine unbareably distorted, especially the further into the record it goes. I have tried adjusting the cartridge with a protractor and it still sounds poor. I have tried just listening to the record with my ear above the needle and no stereo and the sound is such an awful distorted mess. I have ruled out through this issues with my stereo inputs or indeed the decks output.

Can anyone she'd any light or should I just cut my losses and send it back?

It literally mauled Getz/Gilbert and listening to Depeche Mode - Music For The Masses made me not put a record on for two weeks.

Just received Sketches of Spain and Sarah Vaughan plus a XL(not XL enough for me) teeshirt. Next issue will be Wayne Shorter Speak No Evil.

Suspect they are to the usual standard but will report if not.

The Sarah Vaughan is a lovely album and sounds excellent and clean on this pressing.

Sketches has only just gone on but sounds nice a clean as well. This one states it was mastered by Alan Tucker if that is of interest.

The Sarah Vaughan is a lovely album and sounds excellent and clean on this pressing.

Sketches has only just gone on but sounds nice a clean as well. This was states it was mastered by Alan Tucker if that is of interest.

I agree, the Sarah Vaughan is excellent and has better sound than any other LP's or CD's I have of her. One of the best in this series so far. Wonderful sense of relaxed 'presence' on her voice, but with plenty of detail that lets you fully appreciate how she bends certain syallables to achive the full musical effect she intends. This very clean pressing of this album, which sounds pure analog throughout to me, clearly shows you that at her best she was on the same level as Billy & Ella.

I don't have the Miles yet as I'm not on subscription, but look forward to comparing that to other CD's / pressings I have.

I've just played the Sarah Vaughan, and it is indeed a beautiful album. She had a wonderful voice.

Btw in this latest package, in addition to my 2 records, accompanying mags and a fairly snug fitting T shirt, I received a copy of the Sleeve notes magazine for Kind Of Blue for some reason.

Anyone want this mag, as it's surplus to requirements?

The Sarah Vaughan is lovely I have to agree. I also received another copy of the Kind of Blue magazine. I might compare the original tomorrow as it might have had a mistake in it or something.

Afraid the T shirt will be donated to someone slightly smaller than me.

There was a batch of KoBs that shipped without the booklets. If you look back through this thread you'll find that DeAgostini initially denied that the Issue 1 booklet existed at all. Then, in a 'belt and braces' exercise, subscribers were sent copies because DeAgostini didn't know who had missed out. My replacement copy is identical to the one I already had so don't beat yourself up looking for differences.

There was a batch of KoBs that shipped without the booklets. If you look back through this thread you'll find that DeAgostini initially denied that the Issue 1 booklet existed at all. Then, in a 'belt and braces' exercise, subscribers were sent copies because DeAgostini didn't know who had missed out. My replacement copy is identical to the one I already had so don't beat yourself up looking for differences.

They didn't take the opportunity to spell 'Wynton Kelly' correctly? :D

Sketches of Spain by Miles Davis in Smiths today, FYI. Got that already of course. :D

Does anyone have any idea when these are released?

Stephen

I've just played the Sarah Vaughan, and it is indeed a beautiful album. She had a wonderful voice.

Btw in this latest package, in addition to my 2 records, accompanying mags and a fairly snug fitting T shirt, I received a copy of the Sleeve notes magazine for Kind Of Blue for some reason.

Anyone want this mag, as it's surplus to requirements?

If this is the actual sleeve notes, not the poster, I'd be very interested if no-one else has asked. They've now sent me three of the posters and none of the sleeve notes and it's quietly doing my head in. :rolleyes:

I'm selling my Project if anyone wants it...never opened the box so it is absolutely untouched by human hands...

If this is the actual sleeve notes, not the poster, I'd be very interested if no-one else has asked. They've now sent me three of the posters and none of the sleeve notes and it's quietly doing my head in. :rolleyes:
Yes, it's the magazine. Pm me your address and I'll drop it into the post, but it won't be for a week or so as I'm going off on holiday tomorrow.

My latest attempt to get a UK issue list from them resulted in the following....

"Thank you for taking the time to write to us

Unfortunately we have not had a list of future editions yet. We raised the issue with the publishers and the issue listing will only be released at the end of the collection."

:(

My latest attempt to get a UK issue list from them resulted in the following....

"Thank you for taking the time to write to us

Unfortunately we have not had a list of future editions yet. We raised the issue with the publishers and the issue listing will only be released at the end of the collection."

:(

Yes this is an annoying nuisance as the release order is not the same as the Italian list. I do not want to subscribe as I have quite a few of those on the Italian list that I don't really want a second (or third or fourth ;) ) pressing of.

I'm ordering from my newsagent, who needs to order them two weeks in advance. The only solution so far is to open the packaging of the one I am picking up and look on the back of the magazine to see what the next issue is and tell them if I want it , but if I don't want it I will not know what comes after that. :mad:

Should report that a few days ago DeAgostini sent me a nice clean replacement for a rather 'clicky' copy of Ella and Louis.

So far I've had glitches over the above, and the initially 'existence denied' KoB booklet.

Both now resolved.

Col

advertisement

Back