advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give it a few weeks when the reality starts to bite that the public can no longer be protected at the risk of the economy and we are in this for the very long haul and I wouldn’t be surprised if Johnson suggests a national government to get us through the crisis (absolve him of the responsibility).

Guto Harri was on the one o'clock radio news doing his best to get a knighthood out of Boris by saying there is no need for clarification as the public will be able to "Join the Dots" and "draw their own conclusions" as well as "be able to make their own mind up" about the Stay Alert message

https://www.politico.eu/newsletter/...g-down-you-lead-i-furlough-daves-chicken-run/

Good and wide ranging article - eg, which I liked,

Also feeling shut out: Most of the Cabinet, the Telegraph’s Gordon Rayner reports, who are furious key decisions are being taken by a small cabal of senior ministers and then presented as a fait accompli
The Times says there was particular anger the lockdown strategy had been printed before Cabinet even met, and quotes one source who compares No. 10 aide Dominic Cummings to Waco cult leader David Koresh. “This weekend was a mess, but it’s what happens when you have a David Koresh-like character in Cummings,” the source said. “Everyone thinks he’s a genius — but in the end all Koresh did was sleep with wives and then locked all the exits as Waco burned around them.”

Give it a few weeks when the reality starts to bite that the public can no longer be protected at the risk of the economy and we are in this for the very long haul and I wouldn’t be surprised if Johnson suggests a national government to get us through the crisis (absolve him of the responsibility).

The previous precedent suggests the price for the opposition joining a GNU (Government of National Unity) is the resignation of the current Prime Minister. So far, so good. The main fly in the ointment is that the new one has to be someone from the majority party who is acceptable to the opposition, and I cannot think of anyone who's still in the Tory party since the Brexit cull who would fit the bill.

(Yes, I've been watching Darkest Hour...)

Who in their right minds walks around a park with an IKEA coffee mug? He obviously got rapped over the knuckles by his handlers for the Costa one he used yesterday. Now he just looks like a dick.
5071.jpg
The sprog is doing his head in.

Looking at the roadmap I still don't understand:

https://assets.documentcloud.org/do...-6637-CO-HMG-C19-Recovery-FINAL-110520-v1.pdf

If 2 million people are identified by the NHS as 'must not leave the house' - what do they live on? Will council tax bills stop? If my employer restarts what do they do? Apparently you can have some pasta and tins delivered by the moonies or something? Are we supposed to lose our jobs, houses? Starve to death?

They carry on EXACTLY as they have for past several weeks. Is that so very hard to understand? What do you think has changed - nothing!

It is really really simple.

So my bank account will miraculously not decrease as I spend? Otherwise it isn't EXACTLY. What is so hard to understand?

Randox Laboratories is a healthcare firm. The company employs Conservative MP and leading Brexiteer Owen Paterson as a paid consultant. It has just been awarded a £133 million contract. Other firms weren't given the chance to bid for the work, according to The Guardian. https://www.theguardian.

Paterson is allegedly paid £100,000 pa at the rate of £500 an hour

"The founder of Randox Laboratories is Peter FitzGerald, a polo-playing multimillionaire Northern Irish doctor who is the UK’s 475th richest person with a £255m personal fortune, according to the Sunday Times rich list."

Is this an example of corruption?

Jack

My contact involved with collecting the testing kits for the ONS lasted one day.
They quit last night after a harrowing day of people not following procedures, etc. At one point despite the protocol being that used test kits were to be collected outside they had to go into a block of flats to get it.
They were just not prepared to risk their health for a half baked scheme.
Has this hit the media yet? it’s a story needing to be told

The Lancet editor said Johnson’s public address signalled that he is getting his defence prepared for the inevitable public enquiry (that was the polite bit).

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back