advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Wed. I can meet up with one member of my family, I guess I will have to decide which is my favourite child before then

I've just had this discussion with mum and I'm more confused than ever (not hard I know). From Wednesday, can I go and see my Mum as long as we sit 2m apart from each other in her garden?

Morgan is obnoxious and rude. It’s always all about him. You can press an interviewee and keep them on the hook in far more measured ways. Emily Maitis is one of the best examples of this as is the great loss to the BBC, Eddie Mair. Mair famously eviscerated Johnson a number of years ago on R4 without even raising his pulse rate. Johnson literally fell to bits when he realised he couldn’t get the lies out of his mouth quick enough. He caved live on air.

Eddie Mair used to be good until he ended up turning PM into the Eddie Mair daily in-joke a-thon.

At my sisters care home I reported they got some tests , 5 after 2 sudden deaths which came back negative but the deaths were covid related so accuracy cannot be great .
They recently were provided with 10 more ,still not enough to test all residents let alone staff .
Today they were informed that all tests had failed so I am guessing they were sent to the problem lab which caused 50,000 tests to be sent to USA .
THey need tests badly to work out if any staff or residents have covid so this is really alarming
If the experiences recounted in this thread are anything to go by there are going to be lots of failed tests:

https://twitter.com/bigblockocheese/status/1259516689777143808?s=21

It’s weird, because the last I’d heard the head of a PR firm had been put in charge of testing, and an accountancy firm was running it, so you’d expect everything to be going really smoothly.

I've just had this discussion with mum and I'm more confused than ever (not hard I know). From Wednesday, can I go and see my Mum as long as we sit 2m apart from each other in her garden?

Yes, I was looking forward to a good game of football but my mother is piss poor in goal!

Don’t think you can go on her property.

Sir David King (former Government Scientific Advisor) on CNN just now. His Cambridge paper goes public tomorrow and will be interesting. It seems the change to "Stay Alert" was not even put to the current Scientific Advisor or CMO, which King finds "absolutely astonishing". Another thing he mentioned was that his advice was always published at the time he gave it, something he insisted on to keep public confidence.

No, not in the garden. If she steps out into the street that’s ok. I’ve no idea why one’s allowed and the other isn’t.

Did you notice, though, that Bridgen relentlessly talked over Suzannah Reid, but didn’t try it on with Morgan. Typical bully tactics, and all in order to obscure his responses and ignore her questions. Morgan was right to lay into him the way he did.
Exactly this. It was quite shocking actually. I'm no fan of Morgan but he gave the arrogant chauvanistic spud a taste of his own medicine.

Morgan is obnoxious and rude. It’s always all about him. You can press an interviewee and keep them on the hook in far more measured ways. Emily Maitis is one of the best examples of this as is the great loss to the BBC, Eddie Mair. Mair famously eviscerated Johnson a number of years ago on R4 without even raising his pulse rate. Johnson literally fell to bits when he realised he couldn’t get the lies out of his mouth quick enough. He caved live on air.
Eddie is a great loss to r4 but a gain to LBC. Just be sure to rush to turn your radio off before farage comes on. Weird station.

Anyone with a command of French here? What was the French slogan BoJo waffled about, was it 'sauver des vies, restez prudent' ?

Can't help but feel that be careful is not the same message as stay alert, assuming my appalling French is remotely accurate.

97018831_2751198495112719_4380297425609293824_o.jpg

If the experiences recounted in this thread are anything to go by there are going to be lots of failed tests:

https://twitter.com/bigblockocheese/status/1259516689777143808?s=21

It’s weird, because the last I’d heard the head of a PR firm had been put in charge of testing, and an accountancy firm was running it, so you’d expect everything to be going really smoothly.
Just need to get Grayling on board and it’ll turn into an extinction event.

Reactions: PsB
Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back