advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
They carry on EXACTLY as they have for past several weeks. Is that so very hard to understand? What do you think has changed - nothing!

It is really really simple.

I'm not sure it is that simple for people who are sheltering but who can't work from home.

The furlough scheme is being cut to 60%. It's not clear what will happen to freelancers. Will mortgage holidays be extended indefinitely for vulnerable people?

Really?
I thought the idea of an interview was to let the interviewee speak.
As soon as loud mouthed Morgan gets involved it just descends into a rant.
Did you notice, though, that Bridgen relentlessly talked over Suzannah Reid, but didn’t try it on with Morgan. Typical bully tactics, and all in order to obscure his responses and ignore her questions. Morgan was right to lay into him the way he did.

At my sisters care home I reported they got some tests , 5 after 2 sudden deaths which came back negative but the deaths were covid related so accuracy cannot be great .
They recently were provided with 10 more ,still not enough to test all residents let alone staff .
Today they were informed that all tests had failed so I am guessing they were sent to the problem lab which caused 50,000 tests to be sent to USA .
THey need tests badly to work out if any staff or residents have covid so this is really alarming

Really?
He was allowed to speak.
Bridgen got until 4.20 to burp, flannel and avoid lying about having met family in contravention of social distancing regs. Having shown his near complete ignorance by periodically bleating "two metres, two metres" patience with him ran out and a few home truths were delivered, and hard questions asked.
Weighed in the balance and found wanting if you ask me.
These culpable, blood on their hands, incompetent bastards who have been imposing on us to the cost of 40k plus lives get held to account all too rarely. And even more rarely with any rigour.
This should be happening daily.
Held to account by those with the facts at their fingertips, without deference, to the maximum audience.

Did you notice, though, that Bridgen relentlessly talked over Suzannah Reid, but didn’t try it on with Morgan. Typical bully tactics, and all in order to obscure his responses and ignore her questions. Morgan was right to lay into him the way he did.
Yes, I did. but Morgan also seemed to bulldoze her out the way. I was enjoying it up to that point.

Professor David Hunter, ( great medical name to have) Nuffield chair of Epidemiology and Medicine, University of Oxford.
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...oronavirus-spread-work?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

“So let me make a prediction. If we take the prime minister’s advice and return to work in large numbers now – and without the ability to test, trace and isolate – then virus spread will increase, there will be super-spreader events and local or regional lockdowns will have to be reconsidered.

The prime minister implied in his speech that relapse will somehow be our fault – we were not sufficiently “alert”.

The responsibility will lie, however, with a government that has encouraged a premature return to work before the epidemiologic conditions and interventions were in place to make it safe to do so”.

Boris tried to pass the buck. There’s a surprise.

Really?
I get more irritated by radio 4 interrupters. I'm surprised half the people they interview don't just put the phone down.

You know we're in trouble if we have to rely on Piers Moron for challenging interviews. :)
Morgan is obnoxious and rude. It’s always all about him. You can press an interviewee and keep them on the hook in far more measured ways. Emily Maitis is one of the best examples of this as is the great loss to the BBC, Eddie Mair. Mair famously eviscerated Johnson a number of years ago on R4 without even raising his pulse rate. Johnson literally fell to bits when he realised he couldn’t get the lies out of his mouth quick enough. He caved live on air.

Morgan is obnoxious and rude. It’s always all about him. You can press an interviewee and keep them on the hook in far more measured ways. Emily Maitis is one of the best examples of this as is the great loss to the BBC, Eddie Mair. Mair famously eviscerated Johnson a number of years ago on R4 without even raising his pulse rate. Johnson literally fell to bits when he realised he couldn’t get the lies out of his mouth quick enough. He caved live on air.

Do you mean this one? Stands up even more on reflection, an object lesson in not letting a politician just deliver a script. Would have been fresh in his mind while running from Morgan and Andrew Neil. Warms up at 9.50.

Do you mean this one? Stands up even more on reflection, an object lesson in not letting a politician just deliver a script. Would have been fresh in his mind while running from Morgan and Andrew Neil. Warms up at 9.50.

Hilarious- he was complaining more Chinese tourists visit Belgium than the U.K.

On Wed. I can meet up with one member of my family, I guess I will have to decide which is my favourite child before then

Goldie but oldie:

'Would you like to be prime minister?' 'Well, if the ball fell out the back of the scrum, 'it'd be good to have a crack at it.'

Which is exactly how he played it.

Best bit 8 mins 30 on.....
'You're a nasty piece of work, aren't you?'
'Even Conrad Black, your friend, convicted fraudster, says he doesn't trust you completely.'

Infinite lolz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back