advertisement

Bargain Box Sets

Got my Richter box, looks a really nice thing, nice solid slip-case, good quality card sleeves many being gatefolds, booklet etc. Better than the average budget repackaging. Haven’t played any of it yet.

No email for an order placed on 21/07. Their website says "We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

All very odd. I checked my order date - also 21/07. I got both the “we have no idea when” and “yes we do - tomorrow!” emails yesterday and it has now arrived.

Had an email overnight from Amazon saying they're trying to 'obtain stock' for the Richter box set. It was due for delivery today. Not holding out any hope we'll ever see this; certainly not at £4.93!!

Just got an email saying its shipped to New Zealand :)

Just had an email from Amazon saying the Richter set is out for delivery. Gobsmacked - never thought it would happen. Thanks again to the OP.

Great to hear there's a few of us who got the box set. Has anyone listened to any of the music yet?

I played a bit of the first CD and a bit of the last. Fairly rudementary mono on the earlier Columbia Masterworks album, but the piano and playing come across perfectly well, the audience applause, coughing fits (of which there are many) etc far less so. The last couple of albums are stereo and sound rather better, though I suspect it is a mono mic quite close on the piano and a couple of stereo mics for ambience ratger than a true stereo recording. Perfectly acceptable, but a good bit short of the proper Living Stereo the LSC prefix suggests. Quite surprised to find both Columbia and RCA albums in the same box, I guess it shows just how much of this stuff is owned by huge corporations these days. I also have this Complete DGG Solo/Concerto box and the two partner each other well.

PS The Carnegie Hall box is a rather surprising release given the overlap with this Complete Album Collection box!

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I played a bit of the first CD and a bit of the last. Fairly rudementary mono on the earlier Columbia Masterworks album, but the piano and playing come across perfectly well, the audience applause, coughing fits (of which there are many) etc far less so. The last couple of albums are stereo and sound rather better, though I suspect it is a mono mic quite close on the piano and a couple of stereo mics for ambience ratger than a true stereo recording. Perfectly acceptable, but a good bit short of the proper Living Stereo the LSC prefix suggests. Quite surprised to find both Columbia and RCA albums in the same box, I guess it shows just how much of this stuff is owned by huge corporations these days. I also have this Complete DGG Solo/Concerto box and the two partner each other well.

PS The Carnegie Hall box is a rather surprising release given the overlap with this Complete Album Collection box!

Cheers Tony, it sounds like it might be the bargain of the century :)

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Must be mis-priced at £4.93 (pre-order)
Sviatoslav Richter Live At Carnegie Hall
13CD Box set

http://amzn.eu/cm5jZ0C

DavidD
Got mine and very pleased. As others have mentioned, we owe you our thanks for finding this. Which brings me on to, how did you do it? Is there a particular search you conduct or was it just a fluke shot?
Thanks again
Mick

I think that it was just luck in spotting it, and good timing in posting here before the price was corrected.

advertisement

Back