advertisement

AVI's new floorstanders and subs or three way in two boxes (part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not true, Greg.

Ash was invited to post on this topic by Arthur and Tony L, but for that I doubt that he would have bothered. AVI are not short of customers, or orders, atm demand outstrips supply. Delivery dates are weeks on some products. Ash has stated PF is not a target market.

You're just spouting contentious bullshit, for your own self-agrandisement, and looking pathetic as a result.

Regards, JC
if only the posts from Ash and yourself were just friendly, positive responses, but they're not. Look at JohnW for a reference point, you could learn an awful lot. If pink fish members (and there is a very broad church here) is not a marketing target then this would be even easier to do - if the your egos weren't such a big challenge.

Your problem with both of you is that your ego gets in the way of your goal. You can't help yourself but make snide comments, which is why you garner such determination from some quarters to show you up. Unfortunately your ego is such that you're apparently unable to learn from your mistakes.

If this thread is viral marketing, then it has done little to encourage people to buy AVI, just the reverse, in fact, whereas for ATC it has been a boon.

As to the acolyte, it would have been better if he had admitted he was wrong rather than attack members on the thread. I doubt this has done the case for AVI any good at all.

Greg, you seem to expect 'friendly positive responses' to be handed out after the deliberate vitriolic posts which are perpetrated by a handful of malicious posters on this forum, seemingly hell-bent on destroying Ashley and AVI just for their own entertainment.

All you, and your cohorts do is to bring disrepute and ridicule to PFM, and it's obvious.

The rest of the world has got better things to do.

JC

Greg, you seem to expect 'friendly positive responses' to be handed out after the deliberate vitriolic posts which are perpetrated by a handful of malicious posters on this forum, seemingly hell-bent on destroying Ashley and AVI just for their own entertainment.

All you, and your cohorts do is to bring disrepute and ridicule to PFM, and it's obvious.

JC

As has been said, Ash brings it on himself and you bring it on him.

you don't have to respond to them, there are plenty of positives on this thread which you could have focused on. Like I said, look at JohnW and learn. Your manner is a problem for AVI. If I worked for that firm I would be wincing several times per day and politely ask you to cease and desist.

I don't have any cohorts, I'm not historically anti-AVI, your point in that regard is hollow. Regards pink fish, it is what it is - a lively discussion forum. Clearly it doesn't well-serve your goals, but that's a different matter.

JC
Yet here you are :)

Newer images from Ashley posted at AVI forum and AVI Facebook page:

7119210019_53e178fec0_b.jpg

I find these quite unnatractive. My own speakers, which were designed and built by me (minimal artistic talent or woodworking skills) look rather better IMO. I also managed to integrate the lf units in the same tower.

The ADM40s will look even worse with a sub or two located within 5.7m (just noticed the telly stand is a sub).

Steven Toy said:
As has been said, Ash brings it on himself and you bring it on him.

I don't speak for Ash, but I assure you he's fine, and AVI is doing well. He would probably tell you that himself if you ask him. You really don't need to keep worrying about it.

I spoke to Martin on the 'phone on Friday, to ask him about my sub, and how it would integrate with the new 40s. He said they were extremely busy, with orders pouring in, and both he, and Ash were knackered with the amount of intensive work on the new models.

Don't forget that both the 9s and the 40s have brand new drivers, and revised electronics to suit.

JC

If the '40s were properly designed they wouldn't need a sub. I thought you guys were into reducing the box count.

The sub is an extra sale I s'pose. I can't knock you guys for trying.

It is no different to Naim creating a need for off-board power supplies.

Regards pink fish, . . . Clearly it doesn't well-serve your goals,

I don't have any goals regarding PF, Greg.

Whereas it seems that you and your co-horts do, - at least as far as AVI and Ashley is concerned.

It really is obvious that a clique of malicious posters is seeking to appoint themselves as being representative of the whole forum, if not the whole of HiFi buyers. They are simply badly informed key-board warriors, who everyone thinks are misguided, malicious, and ridiculous.

JC

If it's a 'lifestyle' product, with a truly modern design by Philipe Starck, wireless and using NXT technology just like Naim to boot, then look no further than the zikmu parrot. Veneered boxes and wires just won't cut it with young people nowadays Ash!

I don't have any goals regarding PF, Greg.

Whereas it seems that you and your co-horts do, - at least as far as AVI and Ashley is concerned.

It really is obvious that a clique of malicious posters is seeking to appoint themselves as being representative of the whole forum, if not the whole of HiFi buyers. They are simply badly informed key-board warriors, who everyone thinks are misguided, malicious, and ridiculous.

JC
I don't think I've made a single malicious remark regards AVI or its products, unless you class reiterating the request for a spec sheet as malicious, so that excludes me from your grouping.

Like I said, you need to look at your modus operandi and make changes if you wish to avoid the sorts of responses you appear to earn.

If the '40s were properly designed they wouldn't need a sub.

They are properly designed.

They are 2-way / 3-way switchable.

The sub is an optional VLF unit in a separate cab, to keep the main speakers to a small size, so as to fit in with modern decor and furniture requirements.

The 40s in stand-alone 2-way mode perform exceptionally well, and have excellent response without a VLF unit. Not everyone needs or wants a sub.

It's all explained on the website, and the AVI forum.

Steven Toy said:
It is no different to Naim creating a need for off-board power supplies.

It's a completely different concept. Do a bit of study, and you might be able to grasp it.

JC

The products are ok.

Well, at least we're agreed on that. :D

Steven Toy said:
. . . . and the adverse reactions will fade away. Seemples!

HaHa, - 'fade away' - like your forum has ! eh, Steven, ? you seem to be the only remaining poster these days.

Your HiFi views, and post on various forums, are well known to be extremely weird ;)

JC

JC
Like learning about computer technology, for instance :p ?

Sorry, couldn't resist that jc; but really, you're really not doing AVI much good in terms of marketing here. However, since AVI is doing extremely well as you say, why not leave it for a while?

I do agree with you, though, that the level of nit-picking does seem to be over the top at times. These are decent lifestyle loudspeakers, not state-of-the art high-end electronics, after all. They probably deserve discussion, but not the battles they seem to provoke.

. . not state-of-the art high-end electronics, after all.

Wrong, again, Avole, - you'll never learn.

avole said:
They probably deserve discussion, but not the battles they seem to provoke.

They do deserve discussion, there are excellent threads on other forums. The battles on this forum are contrived by malicious keyboard warriors, who have little understanding of the concepts involved.

JC

JC

" belief of conspiracy concerning a perceived threat towards oneself"

Those parrot + Stark lifestyle speakers look great for young urbanites. My gadget freak friends in London have a set of Jarre Aerosysteme Ones which are absolutely gorgeous to look at and actually don't sound half bad for what they do.

I think AVI still have too much "legacy aesthetics" going on with all this wood and Maplins plastic port holes going on: all a bit fuddy duddy and bimbling compared to what the intended market might be really interested in.

jarreaerosystem500x500.jpg

800 euros. More models on the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back