advertisement

AVI's new floorstanders and subs or three way in two boxes (part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh, - right :rolleyes:

You shown an uncommon amount of interest, as well as expending very many posts slagging-off Ash and AVI, then :D

JC

p.s. you're not alone of course, there seems to be a nest of vipers on this forum. (just a very voluble few, - not everybody ;) )
the simple fact is that by choosing to pursue viral marketing in the manner that AVI has chosen - on a public forum, which includes your contributions of course - a natural process of counter-balancing takes place. Overstated claims and errors are scrutinised and challenged. It's pointless to moan about this and disingenuous to classify it as "a nest of vipers". Less bullshit and spin would simply result in less negativity, which in the main appears to be aimed at the posting reps of AVI (which include yourself) rather than the products.

The specs are available if you know where to look.

JC
Most serious companies publish a spec sheet as a matter of course, they don't pick and choose who sees it. This sort of nonsense is incredibly childish and puts the company you are promoting in a bad light (along with most of your posts on the subject).

This thread has turned into a witch hunt, deliberately so, by some readily identifiable characters (the usual suspects), it isn't pretty, and it's obvious.

Your woes are entirely self inflicted and the damage reversible. You don't even need to modify your products.

I suppose you consider your contributions to be viral 'anti-marketing', Greg.

It's pathetic.
Not really, I'm just a member of the forum that you and Ash have chosen to promote AVI's products on, this isn't an AVI brochure.

Without wanting to help you do your job better (because I don't like sneakiness) you need to look at your own modus operandi. You simply get the reaction you have earned.

Your woes are entirely self inflicted and the damage reversible. You don't even need to modify your products.

I don't have any woes, I don't have any products*, I'm retired, and never have had any commercial connection with AVI.

I'm just a happy customer, - there are thousands and thousands of us.

As you well know, Steven.

JC

* - my bees do make very nice Honey (and Beeswax), which has won prizes at various County Shows. When in surplus, I do sell it. :)

This thread has become a nasty one and for people like myself who may be interested in these 40's I feel less inclined to say anything, until now, as it seems to be all venom. How very sad. It's like a play ground here with childish behaviour. I expect to be flamed now of course. The sad thing is the comments are so vehement towards AVi as if they are only company who make claims/specs, bigging up their product etc. Christ you only have to look around at all the products that get mentioned on this site to see the whole industry is like it. Christ the whole blinking marketing world is like it. It's only hi fi guys!!

This thread has become a nasty one and for people like myself who may be interested in these 40's I feel less inclined to say anything, until now, as it seems to be all venom. How very sad. It's like a play ground here with childish behaviour. I expect to be flamed now of course. The sad thing is the comments are so vehement towards AVi as if they are only company who make claims/specs, bigging up their product etc. Christ you only have to look around at all the products that get mentioned on this site to see the whole industry is like it. Christ the whole blinking marketing world is like it. It's only hi fi guys!!

The difference with AVI is that its representatives, official or unofficial, tend to slag off competitors' products at every opportunity as being overpriced, obsolete, or both. If AVIs products are so good, such negative campaigning shouldn't be necessary. As it is, it sparks off retaliatory comments from those who like/own/use such products.

The viral marketing has worked though, hasn't it - 620+ posts and counting...

I really can't be a*sed any more, but if you use the sensitivity and nominal impedance of the drivers as a starting point (I believe they're on the driver manufacturer site), and then factor in a "bit more power" than the 9.1's, you may be looking at a continuous power of around 100W for bass and 75W for the tweeter, with real-world (as against theoretical) peaks substantially higher then this. Martin has a great pedigree in designing good class AB amps using simple circuits and with decent devices used, they should be cool running (his S2000 amps measured properly and ran very cool indeed). Stick these amps into a pair of well received drivers in a stout box and you can't go wrong really.

Not really, I'm just a member of the forum that you and Ash have chosen to promote AVI's products on, this isn't an AVI brochure.

Without wanting to help you do your job better (because I don't like sneakiness) you need to look at your own modus operandi. You simply get the reaction you have earned.

Not true, Greg.

Ash was invited to post on this topic by Arthur and Tony L, but for that I doubt that he would have bothered. AVI are not short of customers, or orders, atm demand outstrips supply. Delivery dates are weeks on some products. Ash has stated PF is not a target market.

You're just spouting contentious bullshit, for your own self-agrandisement, and looking pathetic as a result.

Regards, JC

I don't have any woes, I don't have any products*, I'm retired, and never have had any commercial connection with AVI.

I'm just a happy customer, - there are thousands and thousands of us.

As you well know, Steven.

JC

* - my bees do make very nice Honey (and Beeswax), which has won prizes at various County Shows. When in surplus, I do sell it. :)

More deflection. OK, AVI's woes are entirely self-inflicted....

Better now?

Wtf-am-I-reading.jpg

The viral marketing has worked though, hasn't it - 620+ posts and counting...

I really can't be a*sed any more, but if you use the sensitivity and nominal impedance of the drivers as a starting point (I believe they're on the driver manufacturer site), and then factor in a "bit more power" than the 9.1's, you may be looking at a continuous power of around 100W for bass and 75W for the tweeter, with real-world (as against theoretical) peaks substantially higher then this.

Un-informed bollox, Dave.

JC

Not true, Greg.

Ash was invited to post on this topic by Arthur and Tony L, but for that I doubt that he would have bothered. AVI are not short of customers, or orders, atm demand outstrips supply. Delivery dates are weeks on some products. Ash has stated PF is not a target market.

You're just spouting contentious bullshit, for your own self-agrandisement, and looking pathetic as a result.

Regards, JC

JC have a read of your signature.....

More deflection. OK, AVI's woes are entirely self-inflicted....

Better now?

HaHa, they don't have any woes either.

AVI is a resounding success, and so are their products. In a difficult commercial environment, in which legacy HiFi is dying on it's feet.

You are the whinging woe-ful one.

JC

HaHa, they don't have any woes either.

AVI is a resounding success, and so are their products. In a difficult commercial environment, in which legacy HiFi is dying on it's feet.

You are the whinging woe-ful one.

JC

All the people/companies who make the equipment and ancilliaries in my system are doing ok. Snowed under in a couple of cases with quite a backlog.

In any case your woes are your referring to this place as a "nest of vipers." Those particular woes that you have are self-inflicted - by AVI and its associates and are entirely reversible.

More wriggling or deflection?

Ummm, Legacy HiFi

Quotes from AVi Forum regarding the new new 9.1TT verse the 9.1T which were introduced about 1 year ago:

Ashley James:

It amounts to a considerable number of component changes on the main power amp PCB, which is fixed to the Amp plate and has the preamp/DAC attached to it, so major and impractical mod TBH.

Ash

JCBrum:

Sounds as if the only re-usable components would be the cabs, so almost certainly cheaper to re-purchase.
http://hddaudio.net/viewtopic.php?id=5184&p=2

Legacy hey, you could've fooled me.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back