advertisement

Multi-function 2017/2018 football thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Manchester derby wasn't bad and Chelsea are now three points behind Utd. We'll overtake them, but City will win the League.

Next to Hazard the best players are Sane, de Gea, Salah and De Bruyne. Chelsea are mugs for selling the last two. This is all down to director Marina Granovskaia, the most powerful woman in football.

The Guardian reckon whoever takes over from technical director Emenalo is likely to answer to her and not Abramovich. https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...a-likely-to-answer-granovskaia-not-abramovich

Granovskaia hamstrung Mourinho and has got in the way of Conte bringing the side up to full strength.

The one good thing she has done though is not buy Lukaku. He was responsible for helping City to score a goal and missed an absolute sitter. This made Morata's iffy performance yesterday look really good.

If Morata doesn't fully integrate into Chelsea, we should sell him to Toronto. They might learn how to play football properly then.

Meanwhile Conte thinks the Ballon d'Or should have gone to Kante and not Ronaldo, according to the Sunday Express. Chelsea's manager is making sense as usual.

Jack

jack.

since you are also being rude (like gassor), i am now compelled to explain a little more...

you're acting like the unattractive, abusive billionaire who hires the most expensive "high-class" call-girl he can find and brags to everyone how beautiful his girlfriend is -- more beautiful than of ours.

that is what it's like to derive joy from supporting a team like chelsea. who actually attends their matches?

gassor.

that was not very polite. did you somehow miss my posting?

Thought your post was superb - great to see people getting emotional about their teams. I'm not supposed to post on here about football because I'm Scottish, but you go right ahead and post all you like.

Thought your post was superb - great to see people getting emotional about their teams. I'm not supposed to post on here about football because I'm Scottish, but you go right ahead and post all you like.

no offense meant from me. i'd rather watch irish or costa-rican football than the oligarch games.

cheers.

p.s. we're having a parade tomorrow and it's not very far by bike from my house, so i'll be able to pop out and attend!

jack.

since you are also being rude (like gassor), i am now compelled to explain a little more...

you're acting like the unattractive, abusive billionaire who hires the most expensive "high-class" call-girl he can find and brags to everyone how beautiful his girlfriend is -- more beautiful than of ours.

that is what it's like to derive joy from supporting a team like chelsea. who actually attends their matches?

Strikes me you are being far more rude than I would ever dream of being, but you have a point about Chelsea. You strike me as a guy who would be right at home with the famous Glasgow Celtic, but I'm not supposed to mention them on here.

Reactions: vuk
gassor -- again, i apologize.

now, as for what i said about chelsea: that is not a mere point, but a universal sporting truth.

I love lucky Lukaku.
Long may he lead the line at Park the bus United.
Mourinho whining again, what a classless bitter fool he is.
Long may he lead the club. They are made for each other.

Anyone heard from Murray?
He’s gone awfully quiet lately.

Kevin De Bruyne (great name) is the best player in Britain this season so far (including Scott Brown if you are asking).

jack ...

Funnily enough I have heard about a couple of very rich football club owners who met a famous model at the Prix de L'arc de Triomphe in Paris. One of them tried to bed the woman and failed, with a spectacular kiss off from her.

All sort of people attend Chelsea matches. As well as the locals there are well known musicians, actors, models, dodgy politicians and television personalities.

To my shame Jeremy bleeding Clarkson, the Top Gear and WhateveritiscalledonAmazon bloke, and former Tory Chancellor George Osborne are among them.

Actor and King of Cool Steve McQueen was a Chelsea supporter. There is also Sir Richard Attenborough, Sienna Miller, Emma Watson, Kate Hudon, Charlize Theron, Michael Caine, Guy Ritchie and Cara Delevinge

Damon Abarn, Mark Ronson and Ed Sheehan support Chelsea, as does Sex Pistol Steve Jones. I am reading his entertaining and somewhat sad autobiography, Lonely Boy. Steve is a Chelsea supporter, having graduated from Queens Park Rangers.

Jack

Jack if you can claim Steve McQueen and Richard Attenborough, met him at Twickenham film studios along with Dennis Waterman, thought he was one of yours? does that mean that we can still claim the departed Ronnie Corbett?

Damon Abarn, Mark Ronson and Ed Sheehan support Chelsea, as does Sex Pistol Steve Jones. I am reading his entertaining and somewhat sad autobiography, Lonely Boy. Steve is a Chelsea supporter, having graduated from Queens Park Rangers.

Jack

You see, this is all wrong. You support the team nearest where you grew up (exceptions allowed for people living in non-footballing areas), and you don't change teams just because the team you originally supported don't win any trophies.

You see, this is all wrong. You support the team nearest where you grew up (exceptions allowed for people living in non-footballing areas), and you don't change teams just because the team you originally supported don't win any trophies.

Steve started supporting Chelsea because he moved out of Shepherd's Bush and liked hanging out and thieving in King's Road. Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Jack

first rule of football club: fans own football club

just got back from the parade and fan rally \o/ now i know what a love-fest is, beyond the figurative.

altidore delivered one of the best/funniest player speeches ever (i'll try to get a clip later). even our uptight tory mayor was great.

players who have played in europe (including barcelona) saying sincerely this is the best city and best fans -- i really believe them, but i am open to it being something like when a stripper winks at me at another sort of club.

jack, when chelsea players give heartfelt victory speeches, do they say it's the best gated community they've ever experienced?

Last edited:
vuk, glad you enjoyed the parade.

When Chelsea won the Premier League last season, all the team rightly said how proud they were to be part one of the biggest successes in the club’s entire thirteen year history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back