advertisement

Multi-function 2017/2018 football thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Masterclass in tactical awareness by Moyes, Jack - The discipline by the team to implement it was excellent, we deserved the points.

Our fitness levels have improved dramatically since the new manager took over too, very impressive.

Conte had five attacking players on in the latter stages but Adrian had little to do, says it all really....COYI!

It was more like a masterclass in time-wasting. It is good that at least one of your players got a yellow card for it.

Certainly think Chelsea will regret the result. If City win tomorrow there will be very little chance of us going above them later in the season.

Hope the Manchester derby is a scoreless draw. It will be a boring game for sure.

Jack

Only watched on telly, but not happy with Chelsea today. I counted 6 miss placed passes from Morata in the first 30 Mins, which seemed to set the tone for the whole team. We never really looked like scoring. I think Morata will become a great Chelsea player (I seem to remember that Drogba's first season was less than remarkable, the ball just didn't seem to stick to him) but today was a big off day for him, and to be fair, the rest of the team. West Ham defended really well and deserved the win, but as a Chelsea fan, I want to see more from my team than what I saw today

You call yourself "A pig ignorant tw*t apparently." And that's how you come across.

Jack
That's what a Brexiteer called me a few months ago. He fell into at least two of the usual demographics - thick for sure, xenophobic and therefore (perhaps unwittingly) racist. Probably old too but no evidence to back that up. I've put it against my profile so that those equally lacking in imagination and wit can use it in response to any of my posts. Glad it was of some help to you!

He's only been there a month!
Bilic was criticised for his lackadaisical approach to training, most players tended to be blowing out of their collective arse's well before the end of the ninety in a lot of matches.
Moyes is renowned for his 'robust' training techniques everywhere he's managed - We look a different side as far as fitness is concerned (yes, even after a month).

WTF is the football world coming to when you see big softies on the bench with hot water bottles !
That was the difference yesterday men v girls.
WHU were up for it and the blue scum were not.
Agree about moyes getting the fitness levels up and it's showing already although I found it concerning that Antonio was blowing after 60 mins. COYI

WTF is the football world coming to when you see big softies on the bench with hot water bottles !
Agree about moyes getting the fitness levels up and it's showing already although I found it concerning that Antonio was blowing after 60 mins. COYI

Even though they lost late in the game to Man city you could see that the team had been drilled and it worked against Chelsea while under pressure.

TORONTO FC - top club in the world at this moment

for the first time in my life, i got to experience the sublime, tearful joy of my club, in my city, winning a major tournament. as i walked around hugging strangers last night and getting totally disoriented in my own neighbourhood on more than one occasion as i floated home, i was finally able to empathize with people who express a sincere love for jesus.

as i've written elsewhere just recently, toronto is an incredibly diverse city, one of the most diverse in the world and, aside from some very minor stuff, we all truly get along. when jozy altidore, who scored the winning goal, declared his love for the city, it was a beautiful moment and we understood the political overtones (other american athletes here have been more explicit). we love you too jozy!!! you are our maradona.

usa_today_10318844.1506820252.jpg

Last edited:

Had to laugh at the Southern Softies cuddling a hot water bottle, maybe someone was taking the urine as they probably wouldn't have seen one before. Anyway ... I thought Conte looked a broken man in the after match interview.

Meanwhile are City the best team in Europe right now?

teams like city and, above all, chelsea (sorry jack) are not really the same kind of thing. i am talking about a proper, old-school kind of club, not a combined jersey-selling mechanism, TV revenue stream and status symbol for an evil oligarch who's possibly friends with donald trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back