advertisement

Google Greggs

There's a Greggs factory bakery round the corner from me. I've tapped them up for work without success. I've supplied their Newcastle site with cooked diced chicken for their pies. It was a nice site, well run considering the number of product lines they have to manufacture and the fact that their production runs are very small indeed. I'm no great fan of their products but they are OK for standard-issue mass market foods. I put their quality around Asda standard issue pies, maybe some of it is on a par with Asda/Tesco/JS Basics range.

Greggs take bland to another level but at least the staff are nice if you have no other option, unlikely to be poisoned which I suppose is better than being poisoned if by any chance you still want to live (you are after all buying your lunch in Greggs)

Go into marks and sparks food section around the corner, much better and it tastes of something, it'll probably cost no more, not only that you will have rejected the march into the grey oblivion of mindless nothingness.

Yours

still alive enough to taste things

Mark

Oh god M&S is just full of locust swarms of entitled baby boomers getting in the way. Pick the shelves clean they do.

Horrible.

I still have not accustomed to the fact that the place you buy your undies from now sells food, this is all a new development for me and might take some time to adjust to. I suppose they will have a bank some day soon as well.

If I don't get my cookies from Greggs its because I bought my own candy posing pouch

[nsfw if you werk for prudes]
[nsfwl if you are on a calorie restricted diet]

Gregg's food is awful. Going back to the 70's Gregg's of Gosforth produced excellent pies and sausage rolls. I, along with many other kids would play "dinner wag" and head to Wallsend Forum where we competed with thousands of shipyard workers all buying from Gregg's. You could be a great deal with 12p!! Sadly once it went multinational the quality fell. Even their stotties are terrible now.

I've never eaten anything from Greggs.

Opposite my town centre bus stop is a row of six shops: a betting shop; charity clothes shop; pawn shop; Cash Converter; another betting shop and, finally, Greggs. A dystopian microcosm of poverty stricken small-town Britain.

Opposite my town centre bus stop is a row of six shops: a betting shop; charity clothes shop; pawn shop; Cash Converter; another betting shop and, finally, Greggs. A dystopian microcosm of poverty stricken small-town Britain.

Are you saying Greggs is the only one you've not given custom to?

Gregg's food is awful. Going back to the 70's Gregg's of Gosforth produced excellent pies and sausage rolls. I, along with many other kids would play "dinner wag" and head to Wallsend Forum where we competed with thousands of shipyard workers all buying from Gregg's. You could be a great deal with 12p!! Sadly once it went multinational the quality fell. Even their stotties are terrible now.

Yes it's a shame they don't coat everything in deep fried batter now isn't it.

Bit too 'lean cuisine' I guess.

Ee, that's class. Mind you, yer'd be better off wi' a Bargain Booze and a tek-aht, then yer'd ev t'set.

Yes thats a good observation of whats going on. I live in a funny town which is a mixture of poverty and affluence. The town centre is basically as above with a couple of delicatessens and a Marks and Spencers to try and balance things out.

I think they have been harsh attacking Greggs though. When you want something warm with a filling for a pound, they do the job. I havent been in since the new chippy opened though.

Plenty of other firms deserve a pasting like betting shops, pay day loans and the shop pushing people to buy things at eight times the price on high interest credit

Greggs Harvester loaves are great. Really nice bread for a 'non-artisan' price.

Oh how I chuckle when I see the word 'artisan' slapped on anything.

How terribly posh. We have all that plus a range of pay-day loan sharks, slot-dens, a Bright House and a simply absurd number of £1 shops. Row after row of lowest common denominator parasitic capitalism. The decline over the past decade has been dramatic with just about all the decent businesses failing.

advertisement

Back