advertisement

Google Greggs

Greggs is definitely lowest common denominator here where I work. Waterfields is much better. £1 bakery cheese on toast is a temptation though...
At Waterfields they will make the sandwich to order as long as its on the square wholegrain bread...ask for one on the brown oval wholemeal bread and they will tell you no, its for a different sandwich...weird that.

The internet and the out-of-town shopping complex sounded the death knell of the high street. To access them you need a car & a credit card.
The only demographic who needs to use the high street are the impoverished, hence the only shops that are economically viable are the ones which cater to the impoverished.

Chris

Yes but the people who do visit the high street are generally spending much less. I wouldnt say everyone with money clears off to an out of town complex.

Long established businesses are still closing down in numbers. Shops are opening then closing down within months. Its interesting to see what new people are trying to sell. Im usually right when I say that wont last long.

Its actually becoming more than a bit depressing walking round the shops.

Discount stores have closed and the numerous charity shops are packed full with people buying clothes.
Ok it can be decent stuff but its not really a rose tinted image of Britain in recovery.

Clothes? TK Maxx for the win.

Got two pairs of Diesel jeans and a pair of Lee jeans for about £75 in total a couple of weeks ago.

Jeep/JCB thick walking socks are great from there too!

That's about my only high street destination

Greggs is definitely lowest common denominator here where I work. Waterfields is much better. £1 bakery cheese on toast is a temptation though...
At Waterfields they will make the sandwich to order as long as its on the square wholegrain bread...ask for one on the brown oval wholemeal bread and they will tell you no, its for a different sandwich...weird that.

I have no idea where you work or what Waterfields is but how much do they charge for a bespoke square sandwich?

Don't be a snob - go to Greggs! - but just don't eat a sausage roll everyday! Common sense really - but they do sell sandwhiches as well.

Calls for Greggs boycott over sausage roll Christmas nativity advert

3500.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/nov/15/greggs-nativity-jesus-sausage-roll-advent-calendar

... "and this shall be a sign unto you: ye shall find the sausage, wrapped in swaddling pastry and lying in ye locale Greggs". And there suddenly appeared with the angel a great multitude of heavenly PR, praising Greggs and saying "Glory to Greggs in the High St, and on the side peas and good mash for all ".

I'm impressed with the cultural sensitivity/attention to detail e.g. sausage roll jesus is circumcised.

Seems highly likely Greggs Easter 2018 advertising campaign is being heavily re-worked.

DOr_F_iq_WAAAf_Ne_S_jpg_large.jpg

'Baby Cheeses' from Cathedral City or Red Bull 'gives you wings' would have them REAlLY foaming...

never been into a Greggs or for that matter a Subway! They opened a branch of Subway on campus over the summer - and by the length of the queues (out the door and around the corner) you'd have thought they were selling crack cocaine.

advertisement

Back