advertisement

Google Greggs

Oh how I chuckle when I see the word 'artisan' slapped on anything.

Recently I saw a sign in a bakers' window advertising 'artisan influenced bread' :-D

How terribly posh. We have all that plus a range of pay-day loan sharks, slot-dens, a Bright House and a simply absurd number of £1 shops. Row after row of lowest common denominator parasitic capitalism. The decline over the past decade has been dramatic with just about all the decent businesses failing.

Amazon Prime for the win. I even buy my Bourbon through them.

No need to ever visit the nasty high street ever again. Just need Greggs to setup home delivery...

How terribly posh. We have all that plus a range of pay-day loan sharks, slot-dens, a Bright House and a simply absurd number of £1 shops. Row after row of lowest common denominator parasitic capitalism. The decline over the past decade has been dramatic with just about all the decent businesses failing.

So true! There's a thread topic here to sink our teeth into.

They tell about recovery but this is one of the major signs that things have been on the decline for a long time

I see people tightening their purse strings or living from one pay day loan to the next. Everythings going back to the Pawnbroker :) :(

England in decay 3.0 should bring about some good new music then.
When people get poor they get pissed off when they get pissed off great art happens.

There's a difference, actually, though it is normally referred to as "traditionally smoked". Some smoking processes use smoke distillates that are subsequently reconverted to smoke in a mechanical kiln, while traditional smoking involves actual burning sawdust.

There's a difference, actually, though it is normally referred to as "traditionally smoked". Some smoking processes use smoke distillates that are subsequently reconverted to smoke in a mechanical kiln, while traditional smoking involves actual burning sawdust.

I can see that, but I don't see how anything can be "naturally" smoked.

"Natural" in food has a legal basis. I'm not sure if smoking can be thus defined. I think you are probably right, offhand the things that are natural are heating, cooling, freezing, traditional methods of cooking but nothing to do with chemical treatments. Where the edges blur is that roasting and grilling are natural but result in chemical reactions, and smoking sits very close to these 2 processes.

iirc during the late '70s some strains of breaded scampi were trained to jump into wicker baskets prior to being placed before the customer.

Wrong area. Not a deep fried batter area. It's England not Scotland. At least get your facts right.

Ive had the deep fried mars bar In Stonehaven,They said they were the first place to do it with plaques on the wall. It was quite tasty actually.

Theres nothing wrong with most quick convenience food. The deal is you want it quick and reasonably priced. Thats why they have been totally unfair on Greggs. What do you want for £1....a couple of chefs coming out with fresh ingredients and a sizzling pan?

So true! There's a thread topic here to sink our teeth into.

They tell about recovery but this is one of the major signs that things have been on the decline for a long time

I see people tightening their purse strings or living from one pay day loan to the next. Everythings going back to the Pawnbroker :) :(

The internet and the out-of-town shopping complex sounded the death knell of the high street. To access them you need a car & a credit card.
The only demographic who needs to use the high street are the impoverished, hence the only shops that are economically viable are the ones which cater to the impoverished.

Chris

The high street is a hugely inefficient way to buy stuff, not only in time but fuel, returns and so on. I think the only time I use the high street is when I need to post a parcel but that's at a very specific £3-£6 cut off where couriers are just that bit expensive

I do like to look at food so a supermarket run is needed, vet treatment, dental, doctors, medical healthcare and pharmacies but for consumables couriers are efficient use of fuel and resources, my car's lease per year mileage allowance is now in the high reward band less depreciation and so on. High streets are failing because society is changing and we are simply waiting for town planners to get with the programme and start converting back into offices and domiciles and stuff you need stores All the infrastructure is there, just the buildings need converting.

Wrong area. Not a deep fried batter area. It's England not Scotland. At least get your facts right.

It's oop north, anything goes. So close enough. What's wrong with a few more sweeping generalisations and assumptions? That's what 99% of PFM'ers do on this forum.:D

advertisement

Back