advertisement

Your YouTube Adventures

A fascinating channel for those interested in the upper tiers of classic cars. Dig through the various videos, he gets to work on the most desirable and expensive cars on the planet. Just amazing designs.

PS The presentation has an element of ‘accidental Partridge’ to it at times, but given he’s from Wallasy, a town on the Wirral not far from where I grew up, I likely sound much the same!

Found this entertaining and pretty clever; I like the brand and their philosophy, but what's most evident is that they've got a great sense of humour too...

A fascinating look at the software Richard D James used in creating all those crazy Aphex Twin classics. I’ve always been puzzled by this as I’ve got a reasonable understanding of electronic music, analogue synthesis, studio techniques, DAWs etc, yet there has always been so much Aphex Twin stuff that I’ve had no clue at all how he made. Just totally alien, totally outside my understanding. Really interesting, to be honest I wish it was four times the length to get right down into it. RDJ is a genius, no doubt about that.

A fascinating look at the software Richard D James used in creating all those crazy Aphex Twin classics. I’ve always been puzzled by this as I’ve got a reasonable understanding of electronic music, analogue synthesis, studio techniques, DAWs etc, yet there has always been so much Aphex Twin stuff that I’ve had no clue at all how he made. Just totally alien, totally outside my understanding. Really interesting, to be honest I wish it was four times the length to get right down into it. RDJ is a genius, no doubt about that.
He’s excellent. Saw him at a small club in London (The Rumpus Rooms on Great Portland Street) decades ago. One of my favourite vids of all time is ‘Window Licker’ (dir. Chris Cunningham).

Warning. Hugely profane:

Remember this guy? If not you're too young and probably have no idea how good Gary Mullin is!

And just to prove it wasn't down to TV trickery, here's Gary singing in a pub in Glenboig, just outside Glasgow (stay tuned till the finale as he absolutely nails it!):

YouTube being as good for podcasts as anywhere now, I use it to treat my True Crime 'addiction' (as most, having started with Serial podcast back whenever it was- which only recently directly lead to a conviction in that case).

Getting better & better, this example is where the "genre" has got to IMO. Peak True Crime. IE not too long: 30 mins perfect. Not just audio: seeing a narrator & including case photos you can pause upon, perfect. And a very good narrator of course, is essential (yes: the morality of delving into case studies is a quagmire, but if hooked.. you're hooked).

Add all these with a fascinating case.. & this is peak YouTube I think.

Capt

It was a brilliant event, so glad the weather held up and was the same for all riders. Shame for Bernard Kerr but so happy for Ronan, it’s going to be his year for wins.

And here’s his 2 minute 22 second run captured by the drones, you see just how fast he’s riding, how huge the drops are, well done Ronan.

A shame the commentator couldn't have mustered a bit more enthusiasm.

Edit: ;)

advertisement

Back