advertisement

Your YouTube Adventures

Patrick Bet-David does interviews with famous, or sometimes infamous people. This one is with John Gotty's underboss Sammy the bull Gravano.

He has also interviewed several other ex mafia people, from bosses to hitmen. Very interesting:

harari is definitely one of the most interesting and impressive thinkers in the world right now...

Great documentary about a singular revolutionary dog. It started with an artwork I saw as part of the Chilean protests recently, art of this little guy being made by @malditoperrito on Twitter.

EH7PbV1WwAIKLG9

This is a sort of revolutionary mascot Riot Dog, this one dog became well known as Negro Matapacos (AKA Black Cop Killer) known in Santiago de Chile for his constant participation in the student and social marches made during the end of 2012 and the year 2013, he would always march alongside the students and bark & growl at cops, only and exclusively at cops.

Here he is:

EH-1cMfX4AYlhlF.png

He was a good boye and comrade. If he were alive today, I think he'd be proud of the protests. Negro Matapaco won both the love and recognition of the protesters and people They know him. Renowned for his scarf on his neck he walks in places like Barrio República, Universidad Central, Utem University, Usach University, like other places.This won Best documentary at the Santo Tomás Festival in Viña del Mar 2013. Today he is a symbol of revolution.

Last edited:
Nominally this is Dawkins and Fry in a moderated conversation, although frankfully the latter says not very much and it's mostly Fry in stream of consciousness mode. Which is either a joy or insufferable depending on your POV.

Innuendo Studios makes excellent video essays on sociology, psychology and web culture and games. They are video essays so you have to like wordy videos but I find him thoughtful and informative and I learned a lot.

He has excellent longer series on the Alt-Right and the Anita Sarkeesian / Gamergate story although I found him via his shorter Endnotes which is really an postscript to the Alt Right Playbook.

This is nominally management advice for software developers but really it's just the incredible story of a plane crash. Gripping stuff.

I was watching videos of Dhafer Yousef and was led to this:
which is think is incredibly beautiful and spiritual. I love the understanding and sympathy between the musicians and singer.

As well as Mr Carlson’s Lab I also watch this guy xraytonyb.He done a marathon refurbishment on an old Pioneer SX1980 which I watched till the end, it was excellent.
Also a breakdown on some medical equipment which is his day job I guess!

I watch so many of those YouTube restoration videos!

This guy is really good too, lots of valve stuff, vintage Braun etc.

I watched that one yesterday! The reverb tank is just bonkers, and he’s clearly not a fan! Very cool amp and in lovely condition.

PS If anyone likes vintage computer arcade games etc this channel (Joe’s Classic Video Games) is excellent:

Often quite funny too, he’s got a dry sense of humour and is great at playing most of the games once they are running again.

advertisement

Back