advertisement

Your YouTube Adventures

Harry's having the Espada motor rebuilt, interesting to see the guts.

LOL, call that a V12?
Looks just about big enough to run the air compressor to get this `man sized` V12 Started
Once you do get it started, it can also be used as a `smoke cloak` ( www.smokecloak.co.uk ) and I imagine the noise would send ANY thieves packing!!

Joking aside :p this is the start of a complete rebuild of an E-type Jag engine,
Many years of experience with these engines becomes quite apparent with the info/tips at each stage, a little tear came forth when they finish and fire it up, sounds wonderfull!

you might like this one too. the woman doing kamala is spot on with voice and mannerisms -- seriously impressive. larry david -- what else is there to say.

Can't say I've actually watched any You-Tube videos directly. I've mainly used yuotube-dl to fetch audio only files like the excellent set of 'V-Disc' recordings, though. If you like Jazz, recommended. :)

a couple of youtube sites i frequent are Norman's Rare Guitars and Hickock45.
i also like Harry's Garage/Farm and 44teeth being a Ducati owner ;).

Tony what’s the British equivalent of the Buk?

I suppose the nearest thing to a medium range SAM was the Thunderbird, used by the army: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderbird_(missile).

The Bloodhound was a long range system designed to drop Russian bombers when WWIII kicked off. Medium range SAM systems didn't really feature in our defence, the air force is run by pilots and insisting we relied on manned interceptors (Javelins, Lightnings and Tornado ADV) for that (something to do with the Battle of Britain :)).

If you want impressive speed - ABMs are a feat of engineering. The Nike Sprint could accelerate at about 45g to hit Mach 10, about 3.5 times the speed the Bloodhound came off the rails.

[edit]

MLRS is a surface to surface missile.

Two guys spend an extraordinary amount of time (and money, and skill) stuffing the full engine and running gear from a 2.0T 4WD Celica GT-Four into a Mini. Not the new one, the original one....and without altering anything other than the wheel-arch widths.

It's amazing to watch and I'm still not entirely sure how they're making it all fit!

This is worth watching, just to get a feel for the engineering that goes into such an extreme vehicle:

I suppose this could have also gone in the music thread. It's over an hour but a great listen. Northern Soul, record collecting and Joy Divison's RCA connection.

This is worth watching, just to get a feel for the engineering that goes into such an extreme vehicle:

Amazing Beasts arent they!
Problem is, unless you have seen them in the flesh you really dont get the gobsmacking spectacle of sheer noise and speed!

Skip to 9:45 if you lacking time, i understand the truck is around the same accel as a litre sportsbike

An experience that should be enjoyed at least once in your life, they wont be around for ever
This never gets old to the `experienced spectator` eh? :D

advertisement

Back