advertisement

Your most underrated band/artist.

Robin Scott of 'M' fame.

I got The Official Secrets Act L.P. in 1980 and have always thought he has talent.

Amplifier - I heard one of their songs last year, liked it, and decided to check out their music. They have at least 4 very good albums to their name but seem to be almost unheard of in the UK.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kings x. I've been listening to them for 30 years. Finally got to see them last year it was truly a magical night.
Ty Tabor is one of the best guitarists around his sound is truly incredible

Have you heard "Jordan the comeback" from them? Also very good indeed!
Yes another terrific record that - I've got all the Prefab Sprout albums (as well as a good few 12" and 7" singles) and all have their merits (probably 'The Gunman & Other Stories' being the weakest album).

A special mention though for Paddy McAloon's solo effort 'I Trawl The Megahertz' which is a marvellous record (I seem to recall one or two on here loving it too).

Jackson C Frank. He was much admired - and covered - by the likes of Bert Jansch, Sandy Denny and Paul Simon back in the day. You hardly ever hear anyone speak of him now, though, and I suspect you never did.
ML

Jackson C Frank. He was much admired - and covered - by the likes of Bert Jansch, Sandy Denny and Paul Simon back in the day. You hardly ever hear anyone speak of him now, though, and I suspect you never did.
ML
I got into him from the covers by Nick Drake on Family tree. I think he was quite an influence on Nick. Very sad life story for Jackson unfortunately.

Johnny Diesel and the Injectors. There debut album is a blues/rock masterpiece. I have it on Vinyl and it always puts a smile on my face

My wife made me turn it off! But I have some new headphones, so I'll try it with them. It reminded me of Pantha du Prince, or Visions Of Darkness (Persian underground music).

haha...yeah, it's not for everyone... will check Pantha du Prince, and Visions Of Darkness tho... :)

advertisement

Back