advertisement

Your most underrated band/artist.

webster

Listen & enjoy.
For me it has to be Marillion.
They seem to have been going forever yet are still capable of coming up with an album of the quality of F.E.A.R.
Never less than superb live - long may they continue.

Prefab Sprout. Successful but underrated in true quality/worth IMHO:) Their first album "Swoon" would be in my 5 best albums of all time... probably, but it may change from day to day:D
I share your opinion - excellent band that never really got the acclaim they deserved.
Steve McQueen was their finest hour IMHO.

Prefab Sprout. Successful but underrated in true quality/worth IMHO:) Their first album "Swoon" would be in my 5 best albums of all time... probably, but it may change from day to day:D

Totally agree about the band and Swoon - One weak track in Ghost Town Blues for me, everything else is great....Paddy McAloon one of the greatest British songwriters ever imo.

Microdisney and Felt are two other bands that come to mind in the underrated bracket too.

Ollie Halsall. One of the greatest guitarists ever, but largely forgotten today.

Agree, he was seriously underrated.

I can't agree about John Martyn although perhaps not getting quite the acclaim he deserved in his early days. He was always well respected and is still comparatively well known even now.

For me it has to be Marillion.
They seem to have been going forever yet are still capable of coming up with an album of the quality of F.E.A.R.
Never less than superb live - long may they continue.
Completely agree
Original Lead singer fish had a wonderful voice
Superb live

Seconded on Cornelius.
I'm still hoping he adds some more live dates when he's over here playing Field Day.

advertisement

Back