advertisement

Worst musical genres ever.

Gosh! White people playing brown people's music is a bad thing?

What about an artist like Johnny Clegg?

[edit]

Is it not OK to listen to any rock music? Borrowing from gospel and blues from African American music 'n' all that...

[edit]

Is it not OK to listen to any rock music? Borrowing from gospel and blues from African American music 'n' all that...
It is a question of how it is done. I do think white people making more money than those who devised the music a bad thing. I am not a massive fan of Elvis btw.

[edit]

I used to work with one of the keyboardists from Juluka. In spite of meeting through music in South Africa, both he and Clegg grew up only a few miles from each other in Lancashire.

Sorry for the interlude. Back to musical hatred..!

Stuff not listened to here;

Rap. ( Obviously.)

New RnB- Urban, etc.

That plinky plonk jazz stuff they play at Hifi shows.

Maroon 5.

Radiohead.

Now back to some pwoper music.

:)

Diddly-diddly folk music whether Irish, English or Eskimo. Pass me my .50 calibre heavy machine gun with the tripod, there's a lot of the bastards.

I think it made more sense equipped with a shell suit and unlimited laboratory strength MDMA.

Good point, well put, seems to fit better than when John Peel played some one Saturday evening whilst having tea with the parents ;-)

They seems to be enjoying themselves anyway, bless. Thanks for sharing.

I’m sure I’ll get shouted down by the 60+ brigade who are still shoe-horning themselves into jeans, and although I have liked some of it I think I’d have to choose Prog Rock as the worst genre, because it’s so overrated. Some of the most classic Prog stuff is appalling and laughable, I once tried to listen to Genesis- Selling England by the Pound (think that was the title) and was aghast at how shit it was, thought it was a joke. And then there’s really overrated stuff like Yes - Fragile - maybe you had to be there? Just tedious rubbish. I used to like a bit of Pink Floyd but like Nick Mason once said, it’s such boring stuff really. And you can take John Martyn and Joanie Mitchell with you too!

I think Ghanaian Por Por (Honk Horn music), if not the worst, is certainly an acquired taste.

advertisement

Back