1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Worst musical genres ever.

Discussion in 'music' started by Frankiesays, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

I did a Social Studies degree & the mature students (particularly women of a certain age) lost their shit to the Bundu's. They, therefore, equally appealed to trainee social workers

ian r likes this.
  2. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

I saw the Bhundu Boys live up close in a small venue, they really were great fun! I’m not sure any of them are even still alive now, which is such a shame (AIDS got them IIRC).

3. ian r

ian r 401's Nakman

yikes... all of them? Its a while since i heard much about Africa and Aids epidemic.Im sure they were "meant" to be a live good vibe band.

4. Dozey

Dozey Air guitar member

Not all - just 3.

ian r likes this.
  5. Natara

Natara pfm Member

Death Metal

julifriend likes this.
  6. Fulci

Fulci pfm Member

How can someone not love this classic??

gintonic likes this.
  7. madmike

madmike I feel much better now, I really do...

Uplifting vocals....

8. Yank

Yank Bulbous Also Tapered

My place of work has recently moved to another, smaller building. Due to proximity I can now hear the music of a co-worker, of which I was previously unaware. Blissfully unaware. He plays "story telling" country songs all day, and has a pretty short list, so they repeat, and I've learned to hate them all, even Wille Nelson's cover of "Pancho & Lefty". (One is not allowed to hate Townes van Zandt, but there it is.) So this is my new least favorite genre. If I have to hear "Keep Your Nose On The Grindstone" by Tyler Childers one more time I'm going to break something. Or David Allen Coe "The Ride". Or Marty Robbins "Big Iron On His Hip". He's got a whole segment of Marty Robbins cowboy songs on his list, each of which is now capable of making me confess to crimes I didn't commit.

9. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Could have been worse
    Could have been

Jazzzzzzzzzz

10. paulfromcamden

paulfromcamden Baffled

Nice to see death metal is still annoying people thirty years later!

Are there any genres that haven't been mentioned yet?

deek likes this.
  11. Mullardman

Mullardman Moderately extreme...

Fado?

Euan likes this.
  12. Mullardman

Mullardman Moderately extreme...

Not that I dislike Fado myself.. Quite partial to a bit of Amalia, or Anna Moura.. Just thought somebody probably hates it.

13. Paul Mc

Paul Mc pfm Member

Poodle rock.

14. graystoke4

graystoke4 pfm Member

has anyone mentioned Bagpipes, was watching the Glasgow indoor athletics yesterday interval music bloody Bagpipes sounded bloody awful, when they finely finished the crowd did not even clap,shocking sound,

if memory serves me bagpipes started out in France, could be wrong

15. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Golly, do I ever have a lot of soul!

Anything that features on Saturday night TV light entertainment.

16. cjarchez

cjarchez pfm Member

So we've learned that everyone hates something!
    I dislike jazz but respect the musicianship involved.
    I dislike permanent growling on Death Metal but the music can be technically awe inspiring, plus many of the band's don't have an incessant growler, those are the ones I like.
    Rap/hip hop etc.... there are the odd songs spattered around that are well crafted but the bulk seem to be factory production line, marginal variations on a very simple equasion.
    That is only my opinion however. I don't think any genre can qualify as worst ever when it sells enough copies to pay the industry and artists enough to make serious wads of dosh i.e. the public are enjoying and buying in large enough numbers to support the genre.

17. ff1d1l

ff1d1l pfm Member

18. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

Not yet - I cannot think of a single genre that I could say I hate. I can think of certain bands, single songs and may be whole albums that I don't like - but hate a whole genre, definitely not!

I know which genres are my favourites, but that is for another thread.

tiggers likes this.
  19. Fulci

Fulci pfm Member

Reggaeton
    Nu-metal
    Kizomba
    Favela Funk
    Sertanejo
    Forró
    Eurodance
    Happy hardcore
    Gabba