advertisement

Winter election II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vote Labour?

Wish I could.

Prefer not to vote when system so flawed, I would rather demonstrate than vote when it comes to the crunch because no single party appeals enough
or has a manifesto that would be accountable for.

Bloss

Read this https://www.thenation.com/article/brexit-johnson-trump-america/

And watch this

The Johnson vision for post-Brexit Britain? I wouldn't be surprised.

EKjzwZuXsAAuskO.jpg

Yeah, there is no excuse, just like the daft knackers in Scotland.
Au contraire, in Scotland the majority dumped Labour and the Tories for a resolutely pro- EU, left of centre party. Have you not previously posted how at home you once felt among the ‘daft knackers in Scotland’ ?

Wish I could.

Prefer not to vote when system so flawed, I would rather demonstrate than vote when it comes to the crunch because no single party appeals enough
or has a manifesto that would be accountable for.

Bloss

Sorry.. that's a cop out. You know what common decency is.

Poor Boris was just 31 when he wrote it. How could he have been expected to know better when he was just 31? 31-year-olds can't be expected to know what they are writing.

And yet.. a priveleged life and education had enabled Boris to transition into the role of totally amoral c*** almost before he could speak... It's a puzzle.

Here is a chilling account from an NHS Doctor of one of Johnson’s awful staged hospital propaganda visits (SeatonMatters). We’ve all seen the staged PR photos in a locked-down market, museum or wherever which are really just a handful of activists fanned out to make it look like a crowd from a single camera position, but this goes far further into the world of sheer deception, blatant lies and Orwellian state paranoia.

Let's be honest, the only people who seem not to know that, the "Russian Oligarchs" donating money to the Tories is a "Tax", so the Tories look the other way whilst they launder billions through the City, are the British electorate. Labour are a direct threat to that, it's estimated there could be upwards of 6 billion in property and investments that, Russian Oligarchs could not "give reasonable answers to as its funding" in the UK. I have a feeling a chancellor who has no direct interest in Russian money, Javid was at Deutsche Bank when it to was laundering billions of Russian mafia money, might well view all that unaccounted for wealth, a boon to the treasury coffers?

We’re all doomed. Johnson will win by a landslide.

Yesterday I was stopped in my local by someone who’d noticed my ‘Vote Labour’ posters in the window of my house. I made some joke about having plenty of spares that I’d be happy to bring round for him and attempted to move off as frankly, I wasn’t in the mood. But then came the inevitable, ‘Corbyn’d see this country go down the pan’ nonsense. That was easily dealt with by a few facts, but then came the ‘yes buts’ until we got onto the ‘so called austerity’. This guy didn’t believe that austerity had happened. It was all some sort of lefty propaganda thing. I was knocked back and spluttered something about him not living in the real world and walked off before I spoke my mind in more Anglo Saxon terms

Oh God I’m depressed.

Yesterday I was stopped in my local by someone who’d noticed my ‘Vote Labour’ posters in the window of my house. I made some joke about having plenty of spares that I’d be happy to bring round for him and attempted to move off as frankly, I wasn’t in the mood. But then came the inevitable, ‘Corbyn’d see this country go down the pan’ nonsense. That was easily dealt with by a few facts, but then came the ‘yes buts’ until we got onto the ‘so called austerity’. This guy didn’t believe that austerity had happened. It was all some sort of lefty propaganda thing. I was knocked back and spluttered something about him not living in the real world and walked off before I spoke my mind in more Anglo Saxon terms

Oh God I’m depressed.
Welcome to the real world outside the echo chamber of PFM.

Au contraire, in Scotland the majority dumped Labour and the Tories for a resolutely pro- EU, left of centre party. Have you not previously posted how at home you once felt among the ‘daft knackers in Scotland’ ?
A majority of Scots are not daft knackers, just the rabid type of nationalist. I guess you’ll do that liar thing and make out I think all Scots are daft knackers but it’s not true.

Yes, I was very much at home there, lovely people not at all like you and some of the other rabid nationalists posting here, who dislike the horrible English so much. I have friends in and from Scotland, man. They know nationalism isn’t the answer.

These people in the NE you say are dumping Labour are a lot smarter than you. You may not agree with what they might vote for but they are likely to get what they want if they do dump Labour. They know what they’re doing for better or worse. You, on the other hand are so clueless you are more likely to get the opposite of what you are voting for. How dumb is that?

Welcome to the real world outside the echo chamber of PFM.
I do actually get out into the real world quite often and I’ve been predicting a Tory/Brexit victory for years based on my feedback from people in pubs.

But I still find this level of ignorance surprising, and the fact that it lends itself so naturally to the Tory/Brexit disaster vote, quite depressing

Wh

Oh God I’m depressed.

What facts would they be?

I don't think there's going to be tory landslide at all. Lots of youngsters in the equation, and Corbyn seems to be on the up.

Oh God I’m depressed.

It's all the more depressing because there is no great love for Johnson outside of blue rinse Tories and some kippers who can't think past getting out of the EU, very far from it. But this disconnect between what activists think the centre vote should get behind and what they actually will support is enormous. We can keep blaming the audience but just maybe the message and/or messenger is the obstacle.

In this unfortunate pissing contest I'm going to claim that I'm even more depressed than you. Not only do I think Labour will lose heavily this time but the mechanisms now in place post Millepede will almost certainly result in repeating the folly of electing a leader who will not broaden the offering beyond activists once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back