advertisement

Winter election II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reality is, it's exactly the opposite of that. Where would you like to start? The myriad of politicians of all hues who have spent a small fortune attempting to convince anyone "they're an honest and a decent person"? Might I remind you as you seem to totally misunderstand the UK, this is Parliamentary democracy not a presidency? Corbyn is a team leader who is more than happy to accomodate people who might not agree with him, so long as they do their job. I'm sorry however if you;'re sort of total idiot who thinks there's not something fishy about a media that one day, announces "He's a pacifist" and the next says insists "He's going to shoot all opposition" which is actually the sort of mentalist crackpot lines that Tory ministers have peddled, then you really need to have a word with yourself.

Corbyn just happens by luck to be in the right place at the right time, the neo liberals know that and done everything in their power to destroy him and yet, here he is, still standing. Funnily enough, that's what I look for in a leader, someone who tries to seek consensus whilst having an iron streak of determination. In the face of literal outright lies about him as a person, have you ever seen him diss anyone personally?

The most telling comment came on twitter when someone pointed out. "How long did we on the left have to listen to people on the labour right telling us to hold our noses and vote labour because the alternative was worse and now those self same people are saying "Oh I can't vote for labour cos of blah blah".
I will vote this time for labour cos I believe that, The UK belongs with the Northern European Nations and Scandinavia in terms of our whole system, not the USA. Wake up, the current Lib Dem party are fiscally on the right of an 80s Thatcher style party that's how far the pendulum has swung to the right where, perfectly normal policies in most of the wealthiest and happiest countries of the world are deemed as, "ultra left wing".

Hope you feel better for that. Corbyn is dealing with all the usual bias that confronts every Labour leader, indeed. Some of it is even worse. None of that changes the fact that he isn't suited to leadership and consequently that is compounding the challenge.

Green party suggest zero carbon by 2030.
Sounds what we need (apologise for injecting some real life stuff about the world surviving...obs less important than the colour of Corbyns underwear, but anyway...carry on).

I don't understand. McCluskey is elected by Unite members, and Unite is afilliated to the Labour Party, as such he'll have a much broader base than any MP in the CLP...

McClusky won the election with 59k votes - 4k more than the person who came second. Only 12% of Unite members voted.

McClusky won the election with 59k votes - 4k more than the person who came second. Only 12% of Unite members voted.

I’d love to know who voted him a salary 5-6 times the national average, twice that of an MP, plus many, many other perks. All skimmed off the subs from some of the country’s poorest workers.

Hope you feel better for that. Corbyn is dealing with all the usual bias that confronts every Labour leader, indeed. Some of it is even worse. None of that changes the fact that he isn't suited to leadership and consequently that is compounding the challenge.

That you cannot see cold clear facts supported by every last independent media watch organisation that's worked on it speaks volumes. Corbyn is the most smeared mainstream political leader in modern UK history.

If you want to know where we are as a society consider this from several years ago now. A launch party for some "stars" new fragrance was deemed a failure as "The freebie bag handed out to guests was only worth 6k". That's the level of self entitlement from mostly nobodies, let alone politicians, you have a chance to vote against in this election and you are voting for party not a freaking president, so quit acting as if you are.

Here you go.... now i'd suggest you quit drinking the msm kool aid. https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/n...has-the-entire-media-elite-against-him/19/11/

That you cannot see cold clear facts supported by every last independent media watch organisation that's worked on it speaks volumes. Corbyn is the most smeared mainstream political leader in modern UK history.

If you want to know where we are as a society consider this from several years ago now. A launch party for some "stars" new fragrance was deemed a failure as "The freebie bag handed out to guests was only worth 6k". That's the level of self entitlement from mostly nobodies, let alone politicians, you have a chance to vote against in this election and you are voting for party not a freaking president, so quit acting as if you are.

Here you go.... now i'd suggest you quit drinking the msm kool aid. https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/n...has-the-entire-media-elite-against-him/19/11/

Comprehension failure. I shall be voting Labour, that will not stop me from criticising the poor performance of the leader, nor from understanding his toxic effect on people who might usually vote the same way. I don't know who the fvck you think you're lecturing on the msm or kool aid for that matter.

McCluskey says that Corbyn shouldn't resign immediately if Labour were to lose. This is an important signal to the Blairites that sabotaging the campaign (anymore than they already have) won't change anything in their favour.

Whatever the signals are withinn the entrails of the Labour Party, it signals to the wider electorate that Labour aren't serious about forming another government with broad appeal in the forseeable future.

Fairly typical for a Union GS election in my experience. The Union's National Executive will set the GS salary - interestingly the left candidate stood on a platform of only accepting an average take-home wage but came 3rd.

Tonight's debate, Corbyn walks in through the front door to cheers and that bloody awful seven nation army chant, Johnson uses the back door to avoid protestors having paid for Drumpf's spin doctor to coach him on the debate.

It’s not £6,800, it’s £3779 after tax. £3K a week in tax and NI. Don’t you think that’s a decent contribution? No one says it’s not decent money, but for a CEO / Board or even senior managers in a global corp, it’s unrealistic. They just won’t base in the UK. Plenty of sales guys in tech companies earn north of that for example. They’ll just move, it’s really not difficult. When I did an EMEA role I could have lived anywhere, my company couldn’t give a monkeys.

Presumably labour will also tackle public sector pensions. For example, cap the equivalent required pot size. Thousands must be sitting on effective pension pots north of £1M.
Examples?

Anyone slumming it on ITV watching the leader debate? Johnson is just terrible. Obviously lying, smirking, won’t STFU/heed the chair. Exactly the petulant spoilt entitled arsehole we have come to expect. I’m really no fan of Corbyn, but to my eyes he is well ahead so far...

Yes for my sins.

I’m amazed Corbyn is wearing a tie made of what looks like Crepe paper... looks like he got it from Oxfam for 50p.

Yes, whoever dressed him needs sacking.
The glasses (with the lighting reflecting) don't help. One assumes this was a deliberate decision...

I share some of your frustrations re inequality but just not your solutions. I have a few friends who are very successful (not billionaires) & they are cleverer than me & work harder. Taxation is a fine line, if the rich pay the taxes they should then the economy ultimately benefits. If you go down the line of restricting movement & income it will ultimately be counter productive. I don't hate the rich.

My main point is that not all people are clever and not all are capable of "working hard" and that "even these people" need hope, happiness and a roof over their heads etc etc and that the only way some can get this is if the state provides it under welfare provision. I'm afraid some people just don't have what it takes to be employable... they didn't ask to be born but they're here anyway and they should not be condemned to a life of abject poverty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back