advertisement

Who's Heard the Dutch & Dutch Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just a little bit undecided about how many wires and faffing about they seem to take get setup/working...
Also I currently run my TV through the system via optical so forgot it does need a.nother input!

I'd also have to hear if the Pascal amps are what they're made out to be, I'm a Class D cynic, had and tried many... some upto £25K and after a few months returned to A/B amps with pleasure.

I'm just a little bit undecided about how many wires and faffing about they seem to take get setup/working...
Also I currently run my TV through the system via optical so forgot it does need a.nother input!

I'd also have to hear if the Pascal amps are what they're made out to be, I'm a Class D cynic, had and tried many... some upto £25K and after a few months returned to A/B amps with pleasure.

I would normally do the faffing about for you. You can get them 90% of the way there with just a tape measure. The last 10% requires Room EQ Wizard (or some other equivalent software) and a suitable microphone. You can connect an S/PDIF optical output to an AES input using an inexpensive adapter (~£35).

How many digital inputs do they have?

They have one digital (or analogue) audio input. They also have Ethernet which will provide Roon integration. You could stream music to them from your Roon Core over Ethernet and connect your TV to them via its optical output and a Toslink to AES adapter.

One on the finest systems I've heard is - Naim NAC-N 272/Dutch & Dutch Studio 8c/dual JL Audio E-110 subs. Simply sublime :)

Volume control !

So not vinyl chloride, venture capital or Victoria Cross? It does seem kind of obvious now.

If your TV has volume control on its optical output then you can use it with the 8c. If not then you would have to use the speakers' built-in volume control, insert some other device with volume control between the TV and the speakers or use the TV's analogue output.

Fixed optical out so it’d be the VC in the 8c’s. With roon/Ethernet will/is the VC dB be linked

Do you mean will volume adjustments made inside Roon affect the other input? I will let you know once I receive the firmware update, but I suspect not. More likely they will remember the last used level for each input. Or do you mean will volume changes made inside Roon affect both channels equally with one adjustment? The answer to that one is yes. If you meant something else, please expand the question a bit and I will have another go at answering it.

Your got it, I mean when the VC is adjusted via roon what will it do to the digital input setting on the TV. I’m hoping they work independently otherwise there’s two lossy VC working on top of one another which will lead to poor SQ

Your got it, I mean when the VC is adjusted via roon what will it do to the digital input setting on the TV. I’m hoping they work independently otherwise there’s two lossy VC working on top of one another which will lead to poor SQ

Not necessarily. You could use Roon's software volume control on top of the speakers' built-in volume control, but preferably you would use Roon's "device volume" setting instead. That way, when you move the volume slider in Roon, you would actually be adjusting the volume control inside the speakers.

No using two independent lossy VC stacked would be a mess. Both would and should be linked to avoid undue dithering.

I agree the VC in roon would be best locked into the speakers same VC but should also be allowed to work independently for the TV. This is how Devialet do it and it’s very smart

No using two independent lossy VC stacked would be a mess. Both would and should be linked to avoid undue dithering.

I agree the VC in roon would be best locked into the speakers same VC but should also be allowed to work independently for the TV. This is how Devialet do it and it’s very smart

With the proper configuration, all of the attentuation across the entire system can be carried out inside the speakers. You have the option of adjusting the volume level inside Roon or via the web app, but the actual work will be carried out inside the speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back