advertisement

Who's Heard the Dutch & Dutch Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your comments hifi swlon. If I ever do decide to go for a pair of D&D I’ll go back to Lee who kindly demmed them for me at home and who I would be confident to look after me, which with a complex and expensive piece of kit is advisable. Whilst not suitable for my main listening room, if I ever get back into video editing they could be just the ticket. I preferred the sound of the D&D to kiis although the margin narrows when you add the bass module but that really does bump up the price. I certainly preferred the look of the kii 3, perhaps because if one is going to have to see the drive units they look better IMO in a more modern looking enclosure.

As for Riks post up thread I can’t understand why people don’t contact him direct if they have any queries, or the mods if they feel his post inappropriate. To be fair to Rik he doesn’t tend to pebble dash the discussion forums with opinions biased towards what he stocks and against what he doesn’t stock.

I can only assume that those questioning his integrity are disgruntled buyers who paid a good bit more from elsewhere or dealers who don't like the idea of other dealers undercutting their profit margin.

I'm certainly not a disgruntled buyer and I paid full price for mine, but with a very good part exchange for my previous speakers from Keith (Purite). But what you really get from a good dealer is the time and support to fully evaluate an expensive purchase like this and then ensure it is properly installed.

I had owned my previous speakers (and had been satisfied with them) for 35 years so I was not an easy sell. I spent over half a day at Purite comparing the Kii3's (with and without the BXT) and the 8c's. Keith then came with the 8c's, measured my room with my speakers, then installed and setup the 8c's. He spent most of a day here. He then left the speakers with me on extended loan with no pressure to make a decision. Although I was impressed from the start I took nearly two weeks to fully make up my mind. I was then allowed to keep the demo pair for nearly a month while waiting for delivery of my own pair. Keith then spent another day with me measuring and tweaking my new pair. At no time was I under pressure to purchase.

So basically 3 days work for and personal delivery costs to the dealer. In this context the full price for the sort of service that Keith and Lee give is very reasonable. Is Musicraft giving this sort of service with the discounted pairs he is selling if so I applauded him as he must be making a loss? Yes it is possible to do without this get good sound from these complex speakers with just a minimum setup by yourself, but to get the most that is possible from them takes experience, time and effort that to me is well worth paying for.

I know the dealer margin on these and Lee has noted above he would happy to buy them for the price they are being sold by Musicraft. I am not trying to knock Musicraft, but @SteveH post and the ad photo did raise some questions that would have been better answered in this thread than a quick edit of the Trade Sales post that still does not give unambiguous answers.

Well one client is successfully using the protocol as we speak, I just need confirmation from D&D as to when it will be available to everyone.
Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back