advertisement

Who's Heard the Dutch & Dutch Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it best to adopt the rolling order approach so you always ( usually ) have a couple of pairs in stock, btw congratulations Zek.
Keith

Welcome aboard Zek!

I’m currently underway building my 8c oak & steel stands.

They will be mainly oak however they’ll have a black steel central column that will be filled to create mass. Each stand will have a two cable tidy recesses down the rear columns to make everything neat and tidy. Just thinking about black steel spiked outriggers to extend the footprint slightly. More pictures to follow...

Welcome aboard Zek!

They will be mainly oak however they’ll have a black steel central column that will be filled to create mass. Each stand will have a two cable tidy recesses down the rear columns to make everything neat and tidy. Just thinking about black steel spiked outriggers to extend the footprint slightly. More pictures to follow...

Luckily the 8c's fitted perfectly on my Track Speaker Stands but the ones you are building sound great.

Welcome aboard Zek!

Looks good so far. Domino jointing?

All now glued and had their first coat of Osmo hard wax oil.

key features include: weighted satin black steel central column, ventilation holes for amps emergency fans, levelling bubble for installation, two recessed channels on rear legs (1 for power cable & 1 Aes audio feeds).

They will eventually have some rather nice steel outriggers Installed with spikes to widen their footprint. They are due later this month.

Very happy with the design just need some 8c’s to put on them now!

Looking fantastic. Whether or not they influence the sound, I feel sure that having such good looking stands will enhance the pleasure of owning what are very good looking speakers. Thanks for sharing!

It’s been a long time coming but until D&D confirm it I guess it’s still not official.

I realise that d&d are still a small company but as they grow I do hope they invest in creating a more robust communications strategy. the roon integration implementation should happen through their official channels and not via a third party (roon in this case).

It’s been a long time coming but until D&D confirm it I guess it’s still not official.

I realise that d&d are still a small company but as they grow I do hope they invest in creating a more robust communications strategy. the roon integration implementation should happen through their official channels and not via a third party (roon in this case).

The asterisk denotes ‘coming soon’ ie in progress. I’ve seen brands in that state for > 6 months. I don’t think it means anything, but bearing in mind they slipped out the social media message recently it may do. Only D&D and Roon know.

Last edited:
Stage 2 under way. My, they are physically imposing speakers after living with SL2's!

Plethora of cables, switch boxes etc and two calibrated speakers now up and running. Very insightful chat with Lee, as always, whilst setting up.

The room bass node node I'd crudely identified a long time ago was borne out with his measurements and trickery. I was only 2db out! The rest of the measurements revealed a largely benign room in the mid and treble frequencies - a nice fluke!

Currently using the 8c's being fed from Qobuz/Linn Akurate. Not tried my analogue sources or the ovation amp yet.

Lots of different music tried, but the initial observation is moving from the 'Naim' sound to something subtly, but noticeably different.

I'll post more once I've had chance to further reflect on what I'm 'actually' hearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back