advertisement

Who is brave enough to post a selfie?

3 weeks after being discharged from Glenfield Hospital after my quad bypass surgery.

Been a bumpy ride - had to go back in theatre a 2nd time - then spent 9 days in ICU. Still, the care I received was just incredible, but it's been wonderful to be home. Talking of my home carer(s), Harley's doing a great job...

My carer :) by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Early days yet - improvement is terribly slow but we'll get there. :)

Good to see you back mate, puts my Epididymal cyst operation into perspective.

Pete

Me when I was in my 30s. That was the most expensive suite I ever bought in my life.

qry52c8.jpg

The master of selfies, himself:

HkZocj8.jpg

Those socks alone are pre-selfie. Selfies are of the present. I’ve loads of pics where I’m drop dead gorgeous, broad of shoulder and slim of hip though not as long as you.

Me & my little soldier. He kindly bought over his drone the other day (his company are agents for their big commercial stuff, & he's a qualified drone pilot. Apparently...) which was an amazingly, gobsmackingly, wonderful device. Want one...

IecOJML.jpg
As long as it’s under 250g you’ll be ok to fly it from your property. How close to Wattisham airfield are you?

Those socks alone are pre-selfie. Selfies are of the present. I’ve loads of pics where I’m drop dead gorgeous, broad of shoulder and slim of hip though not as long as you.
Broad of shoulder, slim of hip then you wake up many years later and it’s reversed sadly.

Ah, that explains the brace of Apaches that flew over my house yesterday morning, heading in the direction of London. I nearly sent you a photo.
I saw a pair of extremely loud helicopters over the Towers on two separate occasions yesterday. I wonder if it could be in some way related? I don’t think it was in my honour. It made a change from that ominous-looking noisy black Airbus thing, anyway.

I saw a pair of extremely loud helicopters over the Towers on two separate occasions yesterday. I wonder if it could be in some way related? I don’t think it was in my honour. It made a change from that ominous-looking noisy black Airbus thing, anyway.
Apaches are fairly loud, and sound like some faulty farm equipment is passing by.

Me on the left, when I could get away with anything just by popping my bottom lip out.
I think this is at Audley End house, on the ickle railway, about 1973.

advertisement

Back