advertisement

Who is brave enough to post a selfie?

Blimey, over 21 stone! I bet your back did hurt.

My best man stopped talking about his weight when he hit 32 stone. He's dead now.

Well done, strength to you.

Yes, my dad was 32 stone this time last year, he’s 22 stone now (after gastric sleeve surgery), he’s infinitely healthier for it… we’re both heading for the same target weight.

My weight was very much a symptom of my illness (ankylosing spondylitis/psoriatic arthritis/inflammatory bowel disease), it wipes you out, takes your mobility away and the meds make you gain weight. I’m swimming about 96 lengths (2.2km) every day and spending some time in the gym too doing the little bits I can do… I don’t eat bread, chips, cheese or crisps… I do eat salad, green vegetables, fish, eggs, chicken, some red meat but very little, brown rice, and fruit. I have a couple of espressos a day, plenty of water and a small amount of fruit juice. I have about 3-4 pints of alcohol free lager on Tuesday nights when I’m at the Jam night at The Feathers in Lichfield, my treat night. It’s a huge life change but you can be disabled and still fit as a fiddle, and that’s where I’m headed, I’m 38, I need to take charge now.

Bravo @linnfomaniac83 ; go you.

Fantastic achievement as an investment in self - and let us encourage each other in such. There's a wonderful, long-runnning thread in 'offtopic' already by @Whaleblue for this.

I've been on a similar path in the last 10-11 months; post covid WFH etc. Simple changes actually aimed at well-being, incidentally have had me drop two sizes in shirts and nearly two in pants. (new summer shorts needed this weekend - the ones I have are falling off the ar&e I no longer have..)

( I carry weight like a seal - the excess was pretty equally-spread as a layer all-over) was c.100-105, now down to c 87kg ; getting to, say, 78-76 give or take, is within reach, and my long term target to hold. I'm 5' 11", and mesomorph genes - looking at old pics, a now-very-skinny-looking 68kg at 18-22yrs old - but even back then I still had a 42" chest/21.5 + " across shoulders. )

Gotta play the hand that's dealt you... Forza!

Bravo @linnfomaniac83 ; go you.

Fantastic achievement as an investment in self - and let us encourage each other in such. There's a wonderful, long-runnning thread in 'offtopic' already by @Whaleblue for this.

I've been on a similar path in the last 10-11 months; post covid WFH etc. Simple changes actually aimed at well-being, incidentally have had me drop two sizes in shirts and nearly two in pants. (new summer shorts needed this weekend - the ones I have are falling off the ar&e I no longer have..)

( I carry weight like a seal - the excess was pretty equally-spread as a layer all-over) was c.100-105, now down to c 87kg ; getting to, say, 78-76 give or take, is within reach, and my long term target to hold. I'm 5' 11", and mesomorph genes - looking at old pics, a now-very-skinny-looking 68kg at 18-22yrs old - but even back then I still had a 42" chest/21.5 + " across shoulders. )

Gotta play the hand that's dealt you... Forza!
My weight is pretty evenly distributed, but two stone is pretty significant, I’m getting away with shirts because they’re fine loose fitting, I have stuff that wouldn’t fit over my belly before that fits perfectly now too. Trousers are more changing though, I took my daughter for a university visit last week and had to stop off and buy a belt because my trousers were falling down, not just loose but literally falling down… extra challenging because I’m on crutches, so I can’t pull them up. I do feel massively better for it though. I’m on a stag do tomorrow and have my outfit picked, no belly overhang, I can tuck a shirt in, wear a smart jacket and feel confident… good feeling.

Last edited:
PS, I’ve recently launched a men’s health and well-being group, I have a mental health worker on board, and a personal trainer, and a discount deal for any group members at the local leisure centre.

Spent the afternoon with an ol’ schoolmate yesterday. The last time we met was 1988… we were so close from 1975 onwards, then I stopped visiting south east Essex, my parents moved away etc etc. at least we recognised each other!

I’m lazzyyyy.

Any guesses on the car?

jeiTAOM.jpg

Taken a couple of weeks ago, this time last year I was 15 stones and now I'm down to 12 and I don't half feel better for it. Finding stuff to do everyday keeps you fit.

Edit. Don't know why I replied to the previous post.

advertisement

Back