advertisement

Who is brave enough to post a selfie?

Tony,
Thank you. I love the Goodwood revival, where else can a girl wear a 50's frock every day for three days without people staring? Let's hope it happens this year. I just need to find a suitable classic ride. Fingers crossed that Goodwood and Sywell happen this year, the new dresses are ready...

@Jennifer F

I used to be addicted to Goodwood, but I probably overdid it all. 7 FoS, 3 Revivals, and then a Members Meeting where I witnessed an awful crash. It almost put me off motorsport.

Once this crisis is over, I’ll see how I feel.

Tony,
I know what you mean, particularly re the crash. I'm not a fan of the FoS, the Revival is a great atmosphere and very different vibe as the cars are only part of the occasion. Members meetings are ok, but less my cup of tea. as you say post lockdown it will be interesting to see how these things go. I have a desire to be outside much more, but not that bothered about big crows, but then I never was.

Tony,
I know what you mean, particularly re the crash. I'm not a fan of the FoS, the Revival is a great atmosphere and very different vibe as the cars are only part of the occasion. Members meetings are ok, but less my cup of tea. as you say post lockdown it will be interesting to see how these things go. I have a desire to be outside much more, but not that bothered about big crows, but then I never was.

Ravens? They're all covids. I mean corvids.

I took my father to the revival towards the end of his life. A very special day. I went to the FoS once, perhaps 25 years ago. My late cousin collected me from my field in a helicopter, and we flew down to Goodwood airfield from Essex. So Goodwood represents very happy, and sad, memories for me.

Raven now we could be mixing up research for my next record deck.

That sounds a lovely day out though and a real treat. Special memories matter.

The Revival's always been a great day - I was fortunate to be in the band playing at the first one's evening party. Quite a do! Met some real, lifelong (to me) heroes and felt the vibe of the day was just perfect.

The 'best' FOS was when the date clashed with Le Mans (94?), it was a much more relaxed affair, and really very enjoyable, I even parked within 100 yards of the track!

It looks like it was the first meeting in 1993 that clashed with Le Mans. Marchy Boy made sure that didn’t happen again.

It looks like it was the first meeting in 1993 that clashed with Le Mans. Marchy Boy made sure that didn’t happen again.

GOODWOOD-FESTIVAL-OF-SPEED-1994-LTD-EDITION-CLASSIC-CAR-RACING-POSTER-SIGNED-174054612010.JPG

_Le_Mans-1994-06-19.jpg

Moral of story - don't believe everything on wikipedia!!! :)

It would appear looking at my phone photo's that I'm not a selfie princess. However, having been challenged for sharing the secrets of the inner sanctum, I thought a safer one from the hallway may be appropriate. Heading out for the Goodwood Revival a (good) few years ago.

img_1328-2.jpg

That’s a great girls night out ensemble Right there.

Cracking photo! And a lovely setting too. As soon as we are allowed, we’ll be straight up to the Yorkshire and Durham Dales.

I went there for the first time last year, it's truly the most stunning, beautiful landscape. My frustration whenever we go to places like this is I'm always there in the wrong car, the Dales have some of the best driving roads I've ever been on in the UK and I was there in the family car, so next time I think we'll take both cars and I can go for some fun drives!

We'd been to Wensleydale creamery, bought a ton of cheese, then just set off in a random direction. It's hard not to be in awe of the views!

ACtC-3ehkerdXyBtRa27qwRb0hJrumLNxkcYWt3CE-_pDfk6AGXEsrwUMRF1vyXuQPwsT_ViYaZKzY428wia3RbHh7zKy_ykYMT4uw8Ja7_eaUq5jf8dobIXGR3qJrVlE947-TPBwNG_KjJBEHSFdE6EeGC8GQ=w1250-h937-no

I went there for the first time last year, it's truly the most stunning, beautiful landscape. My frustration whenever we go to places like this is I'm always there in the wrong car, the Dales have some of the best driving roads I've ever been on in the UK and I was there in the family car, so next time I think we'll take both cars and I can go for some fun drives!

We'd been to Wensleydale creamery, bought a ton of cheese, then just set off in a random direction. It's hard not to be in awe of the views!

ACtC-3ehkerdXyBtRa27qwRb0hJrumLNxkcYWt3CE-_pDfk6AGXEsrwUMRF1vyXuQPwsT_ViYaZKzY428wia3RbHh7zKy_ykYMT4uw8Ja7_eaUq5jf8dobIXGR3qJrVlE947-TPBwNG_KjJBEHSFdE6EeGC8GQ=w1250-h937-no

If you haven't already driven it, the road from Hawes to the Ribblehead viaduct is a fantastic 9 miles of driving heaven.

advertisement

Back