advertisement

Who is brave enough to post a selfie?

f7Ssq74H_o.jpg

Me on left (am sure you guessed that anyway)

Working away

Hello Tony,

I like your pic a lot, it shows not only your smiling face but also in some context. One assumes that you work with aircraft in some way or other and are very happy with what you do. I think, and this is just my personal opinion, that you had a moment of inspiration as you looked at the screen.

Further thoughts lead me to realise that this could only have been taken on a phone.

Cheers - J

@JMRead

Thank you!

I’ve been involved with aircraft since I joined the air cadets in 1977 and then with spanners in my hands since 1981. It’s a frustrating industry at times, as they all are, but the highs can be quite magical, and money can’t buy them.

That selfie was taken while four of us were away from base for a few days, and distancing was quite easy, as you can see :)

I’m 56 now, and wouldn’t mind staying where I am (in the Suffolk countryside) til I retire. Time will tell.

@JMRead

Thank you!

I’ve been involved with aircraft since I joined the air cadets in 1977 and then with spanners in my hands since 1981. It’s a frustrating industry at times, as they all are, but the highs can be quite magical, and money can’t buy them.

That selfie was taken while four of us were away from base for a few days, and distancing was quite easy, as you can see :)

I’m 56 now, and wouldn’t mind staying where I am (in the Suffolk countryside) til I retire. Time will tell.

You old man you! I agree with J's post, it always seems that you really enjoy what you do, and that is worth its weight in gold I think! Yes, aviation is a tough business, especially right now. I imagine my wife, who is an FA, will soon be looking for a job, as things are really in the dumpster and probably will be for awhile. It is a shame, probably one of few jobs that she has really loved.

An attempt to cover as many bases as I could with one picture.

Selfie thread (obviously)
Haircut thread (self-inflicted today)
Beer thread (Rochefort 10 was in empty bottle and glass, Guinness implied on t-shirt)
BBQ thread (chimney steak being cooked, background)
Wine thread (tonight’s bottle being held up)

If there’s a hosta thread, I claim points for that as well.

49871839062_178ef86730_z.jpg

Last edited:
@linnfomaniac83

Is that your cum face?
I hope not, it’d make a nasty mess of the filter... it’s my holding my breath for added buoyancy face.

I’m more connected about the ghostly face under the water to the left of my head. I’m not a believer in the paranormal but that’s a bit creepy.

PS, I do have a very real fear of dark water, I’m a very strong swimmer but I’ve always been a bit uneasy with dark water, I can’t hack not being able to see what else might be in the water with me... and since pulling a body out of the sea in Crete a few years ago, after dark, I’ve been very scared of it.

A know-it-all idiot, 25 year old me, on detachment to Gibraltar in 1989. Three weeks on the wazz.

I can’t believe I got away with that hair :)

advertisement

Back