advertisement

Whisky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glengoyne 12 is £27.27 at Amazon on their subscribe and save terms.

Thoroughly agreeable, as I recall, enough to persuade me to have another go.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Not easy to find over here now, but I used to have a few bottles of this, which was lovely.

81T45zU-gbL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I make sour cherry Bourbon and recently made up a batch of sour cherry Scotch.....its rather good though my source for sour montmorency cherries in Scotland will no longer ship to N.I.

Some of my old favourites, with an ice cube:

Glenfarclas 10yr old ("everyday")
Dalwhinnie Distiller's Edition ("treat")

...and with coke or ginger ale, well it has to be Woodford Reserve bourbon. :)

Any recommendations for x2 bottles; one sherried or of a 'sweet cask finish' and one slightly peated / or a 'dry' Highland style?

Needs to be something interesting, c£30-£40 budget for each bottle and not the usual suspects ;)

Thinking along the Arran Sauternes or similar (that maybe a go'er already) TBH

Needs to be via Amazon Prime please

Any recommendations for x2 bottles; one sherried or of a 'sweet cask finish' and one slightly peated / or a 'dry' Highland style?

Needs to be something interesting, c£30-£40 budget for each bottle and not the usual suspects ;)

Thinking along the Arran Sauternes or similar (that maybe a go'er already) TBH

Needs to be via Amazon Prime please

If not a job for Berry Brothers?

Maybe Glen Scotia for Sherry.

Lightly peated? Sorry BB&R is my best and only recommendation.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Finished off the Ardmore last night, very pleasant. I see there is Tovess Highland 12 for £30, Tovess Islay NAS £23, or Highland Park 12 for £25. I like some peat, Oban an is probably my favourite. Any thoughts?

Just taken a punt on the Arran Amarone finish

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008H83N10/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

Seems like good value for a 50% and people seem to think its excellent. I'm not a fan of the Sherry/Madeira finishes because they're too sweet for my taste, but I'm a bit partial to Amarone, so hopefully this might hit the spot for me.

That looks really interesting! Never tried any of the Arran offerings, maybe it's time I did!
Tried a small taster of it last night. It's lovely. Somewhat different to my usual Islay fare, and none the worse for that. It has a slight pinkish blush overlaid on the usual gold colour, quite distinctive. The tasting notes on the box mention hints of Turkish delight and I definitely got that. I'm rather partial to Turkish delight, so that's a win. It's not overly sweet though, which is as just I'd hoped, I think it'll turn out to be more interesting and complex when I spend a little more time with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back