advertisement

Whisky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a nice 14 yr old malt from Oban Distillery for my birthday , opened it and had a wee dram this evening...sublime ;).

I would heartily recommend anyone who thinking about Nikka from the barrel,

me too, a lovely whisky

Got a nice 14 yr old malt from Oban Distillery for my birthday , opened it and had a wee dram this evening...sublime

We were lucky enough to be given a tutored tasting at a hotel near Oban a few years ago. We tasted the 14, 18 and a 21 year old, and we thought the 18 YO was the sweet spot. 14 is nice though

Tonight I opened the 18-year Bowmore I bought on Islay a couple of months back (along with quite a few others). Lovely!

While I enjoy a nice Malt my favourite tipple with a ice cube is Haig Club its light with a nice flavour and at £15 in Tesco it's a bargain . Also like Johnny Walker double black and Chivas Regal.

When I collected my wine order from Waitrose, they gave a freebie whisky sampler, think it was a Johnny Walker double black, enjoyed that which is unusual for me to like whisky.

Bloss

I don`t know the difference between the normal black label and the newer double black but I find the JW black label one of the best blends around - I was introduced to it many years ago when we were given a bottle for fixing the radio in the departmental director`s R type Bentley.

When I collected my wine order from Waitrose, they gave a freebie whisky sampler, think it was a Johnny Walker double black, enjoyed that which is unusual for me to like whisky.

Bloss
I believe the Double Black has a reasonable amount of Islay whisky blended in, rumoured to be Caol Ila.
Its one of my favourite 'everyday' drams, along with Caol Ila 12/Bunnahabain 12.

Sampling some of the booty I brought back from our visit to Islay a couple of months back. Started with the Bowmore 15 which was lovely, now onto the 18 which is gorgeous.

Caol Ila 12 tonight. Interesting comment above about the Johnny Walker Double Black - might need to get a bottle as it's cheap on Amazon at the moment.

My daughter's partner 'rescued' a dog in the park the other night and eventually he managed to return the dog to the owner (after taking it to the police station to have the chip read) and the owner gave him a bottle of 12 year old The Balvenie Doublewood, think it's about £32, excellent it is too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back