advertisement

Whisky II

Three mornings here followed by 4 in Islay. Makes our VW Polo look a very poor choice.

I’m wondering if the Mrs would notice a roof box?
Just a reminder (I'm sure you'll know) that the Mrs has her own allowance (in addition to yours) at the Springbank shop...

...and that you can return on a daily basis for some bottles (others have a weekly ration).

Islay as well eh....:mad:

:D

Are you in the Springbank Society, mate?
Yes - joined in Feb 21 just before it was closed off.
Tbh I'm not that impressed. The last perk was an access ballot for 200 of the new Springbank 30. No joy. There's over 3,000 members.
Last year's Society bottling was a 20cl 28yo at £160(?). I demurred. Should have bought to flip. :rolleyes:
I'd rather have guaranteed access to the core range...but that's probably asking too much these days.
Cadenheads have not responded to my query about how, as a Society Member, I can reserve new Springbank releases... they've probably "had it up to here". Maybe it's first come first served...the allocations will be small and they won't want to advertise it to 3,000 plus.

Last edited:
Thought it worth a bit of an update on my Campbeltown trip.

The Cadenheads tasting was interesting and resulted in two purchases from the six sampled. No Springbank but all fun including a 32 year old grain whisky. Hard to remember it all as my wife didn’t manage all of her share and it was a shame to waste

Nothing special at all in the distillery shop either day so far. All standard bottom tier bottlings so a full range of Hazelburn, Longrow and Springbank 10. Nothing in the cages, but I’m content with that. 6 bottles of Springbank 10 is not a bad haul at all. I can drink them with no concern for the profit I am devouring.

Will try to fit in Glen Scotia this afternoon. Springbank Distillery tour in the morning then on up to the Islay ferry.

Incidently if you are staying here Grammar Lodge is the best B&B I have ever stayed in and the drive round the peninsula make me glad we bought a Polo GTI

PS The latter was before the tasting.

Last edited:
We had a very nice Speyside 18 PX that was a Glenfarclas on our warehouse tasting, it was the pick of the lot and £80. I should have bought it at the time but wasted £40 on sample pack from the shop the day before. I have seen it around £110-130 at auction + fees and cannot bring myself to pay that for it.

It sounds like you had a decent tasting, enjoy the tour tomorrow, it would be so interesting with the distillery fully up and running.

Last edited:
On an Irish of all things this evening.. I blame working with Dubliners :D

Going against the grain for me too... Its actually a nice dram.

Very oaky. Olorosso sherry bomb but dry with it whereas a Scotch sherry bomb, at times can be too sweet for my palette

advertisement

Back