advertisement

Whisky II

My score is four Heavily Peated. Four (4). What an Ejit.
The rundown Thursday at MOM was:
Hazelburn 21 - Fail. But why? Why attempt it? There was probably less than five available. Because it was the first one listed and I'm a panicking Fool that's why.
Hazelburn 15 - Fail. The one I wanted, and there was surely a decent number of them, but by the time I'd deleted the 21 it had gone. Remember this for next time you Fool.
Springbank 15 - Fail. See above process. Same Fool.
KK Heavily Peated - My fourth. Bought out of spite and bloody-mindedness. Damn Fool.
Will crack one asap but in other news:
Positive test this a.m. for me after the Mrs on Friday.
Had shivers last night and feel a bit worse than the first vaccine but not at death's door.
Sense of smell and taste still intact. :)

Hope it’s a mild case for you and the missus, Weekender. I also hope the Heavily Peated is a good batch this year!

Had far, far too much Caol Ila last night al fresco by the fire. Not sure whether the wafts of smoke I keep getting are from the fire or the whisky

My score is four Heavily Peated. Four (4). What an Ejit.
The rundown Thursday at MOM was:
Hazelburn 21 - Fail. But why? Why attempt it? There was probably less than five available. Because it was the first one listed and I'm a panicking Fool that's why.
Hazelburn 15 - Fail. The one I wanted, and there was surely a decent number of them, but by the time I'd deleted the 21 it had gone. Remember this for next time you Fool.
Springbank 15 - Fail. See above process. Same Fool.
KK Heavily Peated - My fourth. Bought out of spite and bloody-mindedness. Damn Fool.
Will crack one asap but in other news:
Positive test this a.m. for me after the Mrs on Friday.
Had shivers last night and feel a bit worse than the first vaccine but not at death's door.
Sense of smell and taste still intact. :)

Fingers crossed it passes soon enough...

My wife's had covid all week; just tested negative today thankfully... She never catches anything & it's me that always catches the colds; so talk about tides turned :D Really glad it's passed me by as its the last thing I want to catch

I'm just getting back up to speed with training & I don't need another set back!

And back on point; I'll be on one of my SWMS bottles tonight; so will update once opened and tasted ;)

With last night’s hangover finally cured by a posh bacon butty https://leswine.co.uk/ it was time to try the Seaweed and Aeons..CS batch 5. Subdued on the nose, dense, lots to decipher, probably needs time to open up, but beautiful dram, belies it’s strength. Can’t say it tastes of any Islay distillery I’m familiar with..??

With last night’s hangover finally cured by a posh bacon butty https://leswine.co.uk/ it was time to try the Seaweed and Aeons..CS batch 5. Subdued on the nose, dense, lots to decipher, probably needs time to open up, but beautiful dram, belies it’s strength. Can’t say it tastes of any Islay distillery I’m familiar with..??

Ardebg or Bruichladdich for me

I was on that too last night; it's a superb dram

Ah yes, I’d forgotten about Port Charlotte. That’s perhaps the closest - with the sherry influence I was expecting it to remind me of Uigeadail. Dare I say it’s better? Neck pour too.

It's very good; but for me it's not quite on par as the Ugi... Corry maybe, Ref An Oa it's definitely a better finish for me, but not where near as depth of flavour

I’m on the ferry to Campbeltown atm. Anyone been to the Springbank shop recently, and know what, if anything, they are likely to have in stock?
Arrive early as weekender says, I would recommend going to q from around 9.30am at the shop entrance if you want to get a cage bottle and if you see one in the cage, buy it because it won't be there if you were to wait on it later, I missed out on one before our tour as I was naive. I would also recommend a visit to Cadenheads just down the road, they also stock some springbank goodies and a visit to the Ardshiel Hotel, they have an excellent selection of drams, food was also decent when we were there. The shop had the 10, 12, 15 and 18 when I was there, I missed out on the 21 by one day. Enjoy!

I'll take a bottle of springbank 15 if you are taking orders, lol.

advertisement

Back