advertisement

Whisky II

Glenfiddich's Exclusive Spirit of Speyside 2022 Edition
Whisky Auctioneer is delighted to partner with William Grant & Sons to host a dedicated auction of "The Cooper's Cask", a limited edition whisky produced to raise funds for those affected by the conflict in Ukraine. All 460 bottles will be exclusively offered in this auction with 100% of the proceeds going to the DEC Ukraine Humanitarian Appeal.

https://whiskyauctioneer.com/current-auction?items_per_page=40&sort=auc_high_bid_amt ASC&sort_by=auc_high_bid_amt&sort_order=ASC&page=11

I've recently been trying some 'entry-level' whiskies from new (to me) distilleries to expand my taste experience. Glengoyne 12, Kilchoman Machir Bay and Edradour 10. Good mix of styles and all delicious, even if some are *gasp* chill-filtered and under 46%. I'd happily substitute for similar higher price whiskies I've enjoyed, although saying that they do make you appreciate what can be gained by expanding the budget a little.
Current fav is the Glen Scotia 2022 Festival 8yo. Lip-smacking, complex and balanced, a great dram to round off the evening. And just as importantly, good value and available.
Need to try the reasonably priced Double-Cask, apparently the master distiller's favourite expression.
Enjoy yer weekend drams..

Will hopefully get round to cracking the Glenallachie 10 cask strength this weekend...can put it up against the Arran Bodega and the Glenturret 12.

Not a bad flight that! How about roping the family in and trying them blind? Great fun making an arse of oneself pontificating about the merits of a fine single malt that turns out to be rum...

Not a bad flight that! How about roping the family in and trying them blind? Great fun making an arse of oneself pontificating about the merits of a fine single malt that turns out to be rum...
Oh I've tried...the most they'll do is a sniff and a twisted face!

Oh I've tried...the most they'll do is a sniff and a twisted face!
Crikey, don't use the good stuff! Was thinking more along the lines of them just adding some coloured dots to the underside of your glasses. Could speak wistfully into the distance and pretend you've got your own yootoob channel
(flat cap optional)

Will hopefully get round to cracking the Glenallachie 10 cask strength this weekend...can put it up against the Arran Bodega and the Glenturret 12.
Just the Glenallachie vs Glenturret.
Neck pour Glenallachie stands up pretty well to one of my favourite sherried whiskies. Can take a fair bit of water and needs it imo.

It shares the sherry cask maturation of the Uggy doesn’t it? I still prefer the 10 though, one of the best sub £50 whiskies out there imo

advertisement

Back