advertisement

Whisky II

Had a sip of the Lochlea over the weekend. All I’ll say at this stage is I’m glad I didn’t pay over the odds for it.
Yes I've heard it is just "OK" but these are very young whiskies and I'm sure they'll improve with future releases. Roy Duff did a vPub on new distilleries earlier in the year and preferred the Wire Works to the Lochlea.

Indeed. Even with a Drammers Reward voucher. Speaking of which, mine may well be going towards another GS 8...
Just used my £10 Drammers Reward voucher from the Glenallachie 10 CS on another GS8 - £45 for a 8yo peated cask strength Campbeltown (with the reviews it is getting and my neck pour tasting) - can't resist.

I guess this won't apply to all branches, but my local Tesco has a stash of Lagavulin 8 reduced from £45 to £27!!!!

Has anyone tried any Indian whisky’s? Particularly peaty ones?
Had a bottle of Amrut Fusion a while back (the year Jim Murray declared it 3rd best in the world). Ok, nothing special. But Paul John and Amrut are generally considered decent.

Got around to opening a bottle of Ballantines 17 (43% version) that had been skulking around my cupboard for a few years. Man what a whisky! Mouth watering sherry and honeyed peat. I’d say, with the exception of the Hakushu 12, it knocks all the single malts I’ve tasted over the last twelve months into a cocked hat.

advertisement

Back